watsonville, ca
I almost forgot.

Marty Robbins , 1975, in a little dance hall in Pearsall, Texas

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
I asked my Dad this question...

His response was epic...

“A teenaged Johnny Cash, during a Fort Worts Cats minor league baseball game, he played in the middle of a doubleheader...”

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
AC/DC ......Aug 7, 1980.......and then to see them again in the mid 80's

Last edited:

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
Wow--a lot of us saw the same acts on some of the same tours. For me:

1976: Triple bill with Bob Seger, J. Geils Band, and Kiss at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Phenomenal show. I was 13, and Kiss was the reason I went; they did not disappoint. But even then J. Geils was the revelation--still the best stadium performance I've ever seen.

Next concert was summer of '77 with 91,000 others at Philly's JFK stadium to see the Geils band again, this time with Peter Frampton and Lynyrd Skynrd, a couple months before the plane crash that killed several band members.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Just spent an hour watching John Denver playing at a concert in Cork in 86. First and last concert I was at.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wow, you guys saw many of my long-time favorites!!
We don’t get many big acts in our rural area....from 16 on, I was usually working in a restaurant or bar, so the closest I got was a radio....
Mine was Rasputin and the Mad Monks in Cortland, New York in mid-‘80’s.
Was actually a high school garage band that played their 20 Year class reunion at the bar I ran...was their first gig in 19 years......
But I still have the T-shirt!!! [emoji12]
Oh, I did meet and knew Ronnie James Dio some (Black Sabbath, Rainbow). He was from Cortland, and a waitress I worked with was his cousin.
All I have....[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hillbilly77

Jun 19, 2016
New York
My first concert was The Grateful Dead at the former Knickerbocker Arena in Albany, NY in June 1995.

Jerry Garcia would die just 1 1/2 months later.

Last edited:

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
Well I seen many Country music shows, but never really considered them concerts, but I guess they were. Only one I really consider a concert was ZZ Top in the Mobile Civic Center in Dec. of 79. I don't even remember who opened for them, but they were very LOUD too. The group of young guys I went with said to me you have to do what we do if you want to go with us. So I agreed, on the way we stopped and one of them went into the liquor store and bought a bottle of MD 20/20 for each of us. Seemed like a huge bottle, because I wasn't a drinker at the time. There was SOOOOO much weed smoked in that place it wasn't funny, that and the wine took its toll.:D First and LAST time I was ever in anything like that. I did really enjoyed the concert though, and liked their music from then on. I'm 68 and still like to listen to them.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Metallica on their black tour. IIRC a guy from Metal Church was doing Hetfield's guitar work because he burned his arms on the pyro part way through the tour. Faith no More opened for them and GNR.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Well I seen many Country music shows, but never really considered them concerts, but I guess they were. Only one I really consider a concert was ZZ Top in the Mobile Civic Center in Dec. of 79. I don't even remember who opened for them, but they were very LOUD too. The group of young guys I went with said to me you have to do what we do if you want to go with us. So I agreed, on the way we stopped and one of them went into the liquor store and bought a bottle of MD 20/20 for each of us. Seemed like a huge bottle, because I wasn't a drinker at the time. There was SOOOOO much weed smoked in that place it wasn't funny, that and the wine took its toll.:D First and LAST time I was ever in anything like that. I did really enjoyed the concert though, and liked their music from then on. I'm 68 and still like to listen to them.
this is my favorite post from this thread so far. :D

it has it all & reminds me of my teens/early 20's.

been to a lot of concerts over the years (probably over 100 shows) & only quit going when my hearing went to crap. some people are great live & some are not.

best shows ive ever seen? Ted Nugent, pinkfloyd, TooL & go ahead .. laugh at this one: Taylor Dane.

worst shows: Dixie Chicks, Blackeyedpeas,areosmith

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
First concert was the World Series of Rock at the, (long gone), Cleveland Municipal Stadium. 80,000+ people. August 6, 1977.

Rick Derringer

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band

Peter Frampton

J Geils Band.

And to answer the question in the title of the thread, no I didn't remember, (all of the bands), I had to look it up. :eek: :)

OMG my sister was at that show!! I JUST missed it Bc I was deemed “too young”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimc3165

Equipment
1982 B7100 HST-D
Jul 22, 2015
CLEVELAND, GA
Rolling Stones 1973 (i think this is the correct year) at the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville Fl 80K + 38 special was one of the warm up bands.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Beach Boys on college tour in AL (JSU) in early 80's. Billy Joel in 86 o 87 in Rhode Island. Only concerts been too.

Well. was "supposed" to see Linda Ronstadt in 98? at Camp Jeep but an azhole in an unprepared Jeep joined our trail group and we had to drag and repair hiz arse thru the whole trail. Thus missed the whole concert.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Guess I'm an anti-social hillbilly. I've never been to one and have no inclination to attend one!
I'm getting that way now. Last national show I saw was Ozfest/Van's warped tour in 1998. The crowds were ridiculous. Been sticking to local bands ever since.

Ridger

Equipment
L3940 HST
Nov 26, 2014
North LA
George Strait before he was famous. I had to beg a friend to go with me. No one had heard of him.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
In 6th grade our music class went to the childers concerts in Pittsburgh all classical aimed at kids like Peter and the Wolf and from the Nutcracker. Pretty heady stuff for a 12 year old!
Then I got older and went to see Kenny Rogers, he was such an ass on stage I never went back for another concert