Do I deserve this?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This an exact copy of a PM from Sidecarflip in reply to me giving him a week off for over the top political and rude comments!

SidecarFlip said:
I actually appreciated the 'vacation' you gave me. Gave me time to read some of the asinine posts without replying. From here on out other than conversing with some posters on here that I have the phone numbers and private email, I won't EVER be commenting again unless it's to one of your asinine comments. Ther exception will be in the questions concern the large frame Kubota's which I own 2. You are a rank hypocrite that uses your position as a moderator to impose sanctions as you see fit, even if they are arbitrary and capricious. No matter. I'll become just a lurker but a detractor to your hypocritical comments (just like I did).

You can rest assured that you will be taxed for the possession of ANY semi automatic firearms, stating with semi auto rifles and then progressing to semi auto handguns under the new Democrat administration, which I'm sure you voted for. Far as factory ammunition goes, expect that to dry up as the new regime clamps down tighter and tighter on it's sale and use by private citizens. Don't have to be a fortune teller to figure that out.

Welcome to the new America, Komrade. Hope you enjoy it. They way of life you enjoy is coming to an end. I guess ignorance and being a hypocrite run hand in hand, but then everyone (including you) has the right (for now at least) to be an idiot.
Do I ban someone for being overly rude and insulting to me?
I for one don't think I deserved it, I wasn't the one posting rude and overly political statements and opinions.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
No, I think you were completely fair in that decision.

This is one of the most tired scams you heard from the ignorant, uninformed people.
Every time a Democrat is elected predident, it's the same old rhyme "Their gonna take you guns." Never happens, and the gun and ammo manufacturers smile all the way to the bank.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
The rules are clear and there are a few people that like to think that they are above the rules. Just delete the posts that break the rules and go on with life. And if the thread goes into unwanted territory then lock it.

And delete every posting that cries about being deleted.

The politics and the rudeness just detract from the reason for the tractor forums.

Reactions: 5 users

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Gee, m y comments were in the 'off topic' thread in reply to Skeets and not you anyway. Sorry you get your panties in a bunch. Want me to send flowers?

Moderation is about impartiality not what you did.

I wouldn't even comment but you have the audacity to post a private between me and you conversation. Shame on you.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
This an exact copy of a PM from Sidecarflip in reply to me giving him a week off for over the top political and rude comments!

Do I ban someone for being overly rude and insulting to me?
I for one don't think I deserved it, I wasn't the one posting rude and overly political statements and opinions.
Where were you when he was threatening to shoot people for not wearing a mask in public? Wishing death on fellow members here?
This guy has been overly rude and insulting to MANY MEMBERS HERE but only now you are considering to ban him because he insulted you?
lol

• Dislike
  • Haha

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
As a general rule, I stay away from political posts. While I will agree that our right to free speech should never be taken away, it does not mean that it is free of repercussions. If one violates the terms of use of any forum, it is the moderators or owner of the site to do as they see fit, including a permanent ban on the offender. If I wanted to talk politics, I would go to a political forum. I come to this forum to read and learn about Kubota tractors. And while I do occasionally wander into the off topic forum, I prefer to spend my time learning and when I can, help others with their problems.

As I see it, this forum is like my house, if you came into my house and said something to me, or members of my family that were inappropriate, you will be warned once, if you were to persist, you would be asked to leave. After that you would not be coming back. I appreciate being able to come here without all the bs, and hope the moderators continue their efforts to keep it that way. As far as banning Sidecarflip, that is up to you, but I know what I would do.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Opinions are like .....................well - we know how the next part goes.....

I come here for several reasons -----

1) information on things that are Orange! (without those here - I would be up shts creek w/o a paddle!)
2) Comradery - the ability to help and get help from people from all around the world.
3) To laugh - and sometimes I will spit on the screen laughing!
4) Maybe more importantly - to mask out the days that are sometimes a little difficult to handle. And this year as we know has been a dooozie of a year!
5) NOT to listen to the media of news and the typical one sided of who did what when and how much.

* NOT to be involved in topics that really EVERYONE cares about - but no one wants to hear about and should not talk about - at least not here.

We can talk about oil types - tire types and models types all we want, but in the end - we are simply expressing opinions to someone else, and that should not end up in another topic UNRELATED to the topic mentioned.

Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving too!

Reactions: 5 users

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
People need to just chill out, and stop whining and complaining and stirring crap up.
Poo only stinks if you poke it. Its a tractor forum, get over it.

As @85Hokie said... i agree. I as well am here to learn and help others and have fun.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I've been a moderator, it sucks. They always get the shit end of the stick.

I'm all for free speech and anything goes, but some people are just idiots and need to STFU.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Being a moderator is kind of like being a union rep, nobody wants to hear what you have to say untill something goes sideways,,, and then nobody wants to hear what you have to say.
I say this from experience, to many years as a union rep, and to many years of seeing what moderators go through,,, Maybe a kin to being a kindergarten teacher might be a better example some times ,, just MHO

Reactions: 1 user

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
There is no place for politics here. I'm sure that all the money you receive for moderation ( read zilch ) means you shouldn't put up with that shtuff. I appreciate what you do.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Never did understand the need to bash other people especially hiding behind a putter screening, yea I've been guilty of it a few times but only when pushed. Lately I find it easier to look the other way. I'd like to say I've gotten wiser with age but nahh that ain't it. :rolleyes:

fishdrivel

Equipment
b2501
Nov 24, 2020
georgia
I'm brand new here but I post on other forums too. Some boards have a political forum and I stay out of those.
I'm glad we have mods here.
I don't think any mod should feel bad about the decision to give a one-week ban.
That is a polite warning!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wolfman - regarding the question posed in the thread’s title:

Short answer is No.

Long answer is No.

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Well - You asked.

1. They should change the title or the forum to "Kind of off topic". Or delete it. Seriously, off topic is just that off topic. It is unfortunate that some actually feel like "I come here for this, so you can't do that, because I didn't want that, I wanted this". Hey people sometimes it isn't about you.

I was sent a PM from a user that said he loved every one of the mods I made and all the help I provide, he just doesn't want me to contribute anything in the off topic forums?????? So it is OK for me to do what he wants me to do, just not what I want to do. - ROFLMAO

To NIW YES, you do deserve it. If you were impartial in your deleting and censoring of posts, I would say no of coarse not. Unfortunately YOU specifically HAVE show continual bias in your approach.

Now you post a PM that was sent directly to you, very lowbrow in my neck of the woods. If posting it was so we would pity you, for me anyway it back-fired, I see someone being called out and throwing a tantrum because of it. No worries you have plenty of fans here you don't censor that will give you the atta-boys you are looking for.

For the members that are new here, I have personal dealings with NIW in reference to censoring and deleting posts, so this feedback is from me directly based on my experience.

For the 20 cheerleaders that will follow this post, YES, I KNOW NIW CAN DO WHATEVER HE WANTS. YES I KNOW THE FORUM OWNERS CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT - these statements have nothing to do with that.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Well - You asked.

1. They should change the title or the forum to "Kind of off topic". Or delete it. Seriously, off topic is just that off topic. It is unfortunate that some actually feel like "I come here for this, so you can't do that, because I didn't want that, I wanted this". Hey people sometimes it isn't about you.

I was sent a PM from a user that said he loved every one of the mods I made and all the help I provide, he just doesn't want me to contribute anything in the off topic forums?????? So it is OK for me to do what he wants me to do, just not what I want to do. - ROFLMAO

To NIW YES, you do deserve it. If you were impartial in your deleting and censoring of posts, I would say no of coarse not. Unfortunately YOU specifically HAVE show continual bias in your approach.

Now you post a PM that was sent directly to you, very lowbrow in my neck of the woods. If posting it was so we would pity you, for me anyway it back-fired, I see someone being called out and throwing a tantrum because of it. No worries you have plenty of fans here you don't censor that will give you the atta-boys you are looking for.

For the members that are new here, I have personal dealings with NIW in reference to censoring and deleting posts, so this feedback is from me directly based on my experience.

For the 20 cheerleaders that will follow this post, YES, I KNOW NIW CAN DO WHATEVER HE WANTS. YES I KNOW THE FORUM OWNERS CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT - these statements have nothing to do with that.
I'd say you covered it quite nicely... Just a forum for me, not life and death and I too moderate on a non related to this content forum and I'd never public post a private message, EVER. Just in very poor taste and shows the bias intended.

Don't bother me one iota anyway. I chalk it up to inflating one's ego and not much else.

Key words in NIW's first post is Private message. Private is private last time I checked. If it's not, then let me know.

• Dislike

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Dear Wolfman,
You are being overly-sensitive to criticism when it comes from the person censored. I believe you made yourself vulnerable by re-posting Flip’s comments...while simultaneously giving him the podium to criticize you. That was not the thing to do, IMO.
As a moderator of an aviation forum, I’ve run into similar situations and the reactions/comments of those I’ve moderated are always hurtful.... after-all, they intended to be hurtful because they believe their “Freedom of Speech” has been violated.
HEAD UP EVERYONE; Online Forums are NOT “FREEDOM OF SPEECH” areas. The 1st Amendment only protects you from FEDERAL suppression of your speech. This sort of forum is NOT federal property. Get over it. You cannot go onto a forum and write whatever you want to write without being subject to moderator action. If you don’t like that then start your OWN forum. THIS forum (and most others) are like visiting someone else’s property...and we are there at THEIR convenience.
And while I’ve enjoyed Flip’s participation in most instances, he is ridiculously ignorant in the subject on which he pontificates. Despite the numerous claims that Dems are anti-gun... more than half of them ARE GUN OWNERS and supporters of gun ownership, and the rest of them are supporters of the Constitution and ALL it’s Amendments! (Hey Flip, did you not notice that the majority of ”anti-gun” legislation since GCA’68 was promoted by and for Republicans? Reagan signed the Act which prohibits new mfr of Class 3 weapons. GHW Bush signed the ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and GW Bush extended that ban! Even your friend Clinton’s signature was on a bill named after Republican Jim Brady whose party supported that requirement on background checks! (a very reasonable act in the view of the vast majority of legitimate gun owners). The last time I personally bought a pistol at a gun-show was a cash-only/no-paperwork transaction...the seller had no idea who I was or what I was going to do with it.... and I had no idea where he got it or if it was even his to sell! What’s wrong with that picture? But meanwhile the people who oppose closing the gun-show loopholes are the same people who claim undocumented immigrants are “illegals”. What’s wrong with that picture In view of the “undocumented gun trades”? DOH.
BTW, the reason ammo is in short supply has less to do with a run on ammo purchases by politically frightened gun owners than it does with run-away Covid in Brazil where almost all primers are mfr’d and therefore primers (which contain LEAD-styphnate) are not coming out of Brazil so American ammo makers are short of supply. Wonder who mismanaged the Covid crisis after-all?
Wolfman, while you probably shouldn’t have given Flip the microphone by posting his comments to you.... You did the right thing by discouraging political attacks. You have an unappreciated job and simply have to be the BIG BAD WOLF some days. Stiff upper lip and Carry On! ;)

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Being a moderator is kind of like being a union rep, nobody wants to hear what you have to say untill something goes sideways,,, and then nobody wants to hear what you have to say.
I say this from experience, to many years as a union rep, and to many years of seeing what moderators go through,,, Maybe a kin to being a kindergarten teacher might be a better example some times ,, just MHO

NWIWM,

Skeets hit this pretty much on the head... i run a fairly large weapons building website (Skeets is a member there).... dealing with this type of stuff comes with the territory of being an Admin/Mod.

most people are missing what you asked in your post.

to exactly what you asked: no. what he sent to you in a PM doesnt read as a "bannable" offense according to the rules you have established.

now on the other hand of: do you have to tolerate or put up with any crap from him? NO YOU DONT.

You are the bossman here & its your call to make & NONE of us are in your shoes on this particular site.

He's intentionally baiting you with his PM reply & his reply post in this thread.

you have a lot of tools at your disposal to deal with this. You just have to decide if its worth the hassle for what he brings to the site as a benefit.

dont feel alone in this. EVERY Admin/Mod goes thru this with someone.

to be totally honest? his PM wouldnt have bothered me, but his post after it in this thread?

that would have been the last post he made on a site i own/operate. Thats coming from a ultra conservative guy who owns/operates a weapons building site.

there are things you just dont want associated or referred back to a site you control. YOU just have to decide what ones are for you.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Jeepers, I just couldn't let this go.

After this, I'm done. Lot of other things I'd like to say....

Key words in NIW's first post is Private message. Private is private last time I checked. If it's not, then let me know.
Flip - - just a suggestion. Anything you do or say on the interwebs is public, whether you like it or not.....

I had no idea you had two (2) M9000's?!?!?

Maybe I missed it the first 5,999 times you mentioned it.

HEAD UP EVERYONE; Online Forums are NOT “FREEDOM OF SPEECH” areas. The 1st Amendment only protects you from FEDERAL suppression of your speech.
George - just an excerpt. As you said, forum rules are the rules of the road, as long as they don't violate Constitutional rights..

I appreciate your summary of the issue.

If I didn't abide by the rules of my parents' house, I had consequences.

As a parent, my kids had the same fate.

My employees need to abide by my rules.

It astounds me that some don't get that.

Last edited:
  • Haha