DIY Cab?

cabldevil

Equipment
B2910, LA402, B2772, 4690A
Dec 11, 2010
NJ
I have a B2910 and winder is heading our way. I was just wondering is there a way to make a half as$ cab to help with the wind. If not is there a place to go that is not going to cost me so much money. Im thinking like a soft cab or something like that.

THank You

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
A few fellas on here have made cabs for their tractors. Take a looksee at the Gallery section and see some photos on the cabs.

lahoyer

Equipment
B7100 and a bunch of attachments
Nov 12, 2010
Danbury,Wisconsin
This is what I did. I purchased a new,old stock soft cab from a Simplicity tractor. Did a little cutting, bending, welding,etc and now I have a cab for my B7100. I took carb cleaner and gently removed the painted on Simplicity name and had a local sign shop make me up some Kubota decals. Almost looks factory!

Attachments

Hari.K

Equipment
06L39tlb, 57Ford640, 49CatD4
Jun 17, 2009
St Croix NB Canada
Hi all:

Just finished one for an L39.

It consists of a 1"x3"in frame attached at the top of the Rops/Fops
just below the lights. With another around the mid level, at the top of the hood/fenders.

In the first instance two years ago I used Dollar Store plastic tablecloths. reinforced with ducktape at the attachment points
stapled onto the frame, also tied through grommets.
Space below the lower frame was filled in with cardboard or Aspenite

This lasted two years. Last winter finally beat out the tablecloths.
Visbility wasn't too great, lots of distortion.

This year I replaced the tablecloths with 20 gauge plastic window sheeting
Relatively expensive, but it looks great, like a full glass cab.
I'll post a picture later.

Next year I may replace the front panel with the hatch off a 1975 VW Rabbit
which has the advantage of having a windshield wiper.

Hari.

HUMPHEYDO

Equipment
BX25
Sep 18, 2011
WESTSPRINGFIELD, MASS
these are all great. i just used pvc, velcro and snaps the windows are lexan and the cover is a waterproof material i have, she isn't much to look at, but it works, less than 50 bucks.....

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Thats actually not a bad looking cab Humpheydo! It gets the point across, keeps ya dry and I would immangine warm too. Best of all like you said under 50 bucks!

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Wow, under $50 bucks.... Can you please post some more photos .... It looks really impressive. Now that it's built is there anything you would Change to improve it?

asbug

Equipment
B7001 - looks orange to me... Woods 5' scrape, 42" rotary cutter, shreader/chip.
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
Hi all:

Next year I may replace the front panel with the hatch off a 1975 VW Rabbit
which has the advantage of having a windshield wiper.

Hari.
Hey man,
I need the distributor and carb/intake off that Rabbit if you do not need it!!!
Thanks!
KC

78Vette

Equipment
F2690
Mar 14, 2010
SW Ont. Canada
If you have a welder, you can fabricate a cab out of angle iron (as i did) or square tubing.
I used 1.5 inch angle (free from work). Dont know the cost of steel in your area but you can maybe get some used steel from a metal recycler.
I used lexan (not all that cheap) all the way around and plywood for a roof.
If i had to buy all materials , my rough guess is 500$
I build it in 4 sections and bolts together. That way i can remove it for the summer and is more manageable.
I was in a hurry when i build mine and could do a better job, but it works and keeps me out of the wind. And that makes all the difference.
Dont have any pics to show, but i can take some if that is of interest to you.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well heck yea pictures are a great thing.. everytime one gets posted somebody get the idea and even sometimes comes up with something a bit better or makes it to fit their toy

78Vette

Equipment
F2690
Mar 14, 2010
SW Ont. Canada
If you have a welder, you can fabricate a cab out of angle iron (as i did) or square tubing.
I used 1.5 inch angle (free from work). Dont know the cost of steel in your area but you can maybe get some used steel from a metal recycler.
I used lexan (not all that cheap) all the way around and plywood for a roof.
If i had to buy all materials , my rough guess is 500$
I build it in 4 sections and bolts together. That way i can remove it for the summer and is more manageable.
I was in a hurry when i build mine and could do a better job, but it works and keeps me out of the wind. And that makes all the difference.
Dont have any pics to show, but i can take some if that is of interest to you.
Here's the link to view my Cab
http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/Pete6114/Cab/

Last edited:

cabldevil

Equipment
B2910, LA402, B2772, 4690A
Dec 11, 2010
NJ
Thanks to all with their posts. I finally have time to create a cab. Thank you all for your ideas and I look forward to posting pictures of my creation.

Thank

Bill