Ditcher

Doctor481

Equipment
MX5200, loader, 6' bush hog, 6' land plane, lots of old farm tools
Aug 21, 2016
Louisiana
Has anyone tried to build/monster garage one of the PTO drive ditch diggers?
I have looked at a few of the factory built units, they are pricey but well made.
I don't need anything commercial duty, I would be happy to be able to move 2-3 inches of dirt. You can always make a couple passes.

whirly

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100HST
Dec 16, 2016
Pepeekeo, HI
If all you want to move is a few inched, get a subsoiler and a middle buster plow blade. Do a couple of passes with the subsoiler to break up the ground then replace the digging knife of the subsoiler with the middle buster and run your ditch. I'm getting ready to do just that and will post pics when I'm done.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I was watching one last year,at least 6 foot diameter wheel tossing dirt 100 or so feet. It was wet, plastered the entire tractor with muck. Wind carries it all over.
Hope you have a cab.

Doctor481

Equipment
MX5200, loader, 6' bush hog, 6' land plane, lots of old farm tools
Aug 21, 2016
Louisiana
Yep, moving a couple inches would be great.
I have the other recommended tools, I want the removed dirt away from the trench, not sitting on the edge blocking the drainage and ready to be washed back in the ditch. I'm not trying to drain a 100 acre field, just trying to keep some old drains on a small family farm usable.
We see a lot of these in the cane fields down here, most are on 90-100 hp tractors and throw a pretty good mud rooster tail, at least 75-100 foot away.