Discount from List??

Jim Bud

Equipment
B2650 HST, 60"mmm, LA534 FL, 72" rear blade
Nov 8, 2017
Sedalia, CO
What is a typical discount from list for a new tractor and equipment??
I'm not trying to squeeze the last dollar out of the dealer, but I don't want to over pay either.

Ortimber

Sep 27, 2016
Oregon
My dealer only does about 5-7%. I often hear of others in different parts of the country getting 12-14%.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
What is a typical discount from list for a new tractor and equipment??
I'm not trying to squeeze the last dollar out of the dealer, but I don't want to over pay either.
As mentioned, depending on where you are and how many MANY kubota dealers there are in your neck of the woods ......price will vary.

I would say 10% off list would be a fair norm.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
If you can go to a promotional open house they will usually have factory reps and discounts from dealer and Kubota. If you can get low or no interest financing that adds to the incentives.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
As you can see it varies! Depends on dealer saturation, length of time the unit has been on the dealers lot, CSI or incentives and what sales division you are in. If you take the high and low numbers 8.5 percent would be average asking price without CSI.

Pat

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I have 4-6 "local" dealers. One just qoutes MSRP and another knocks 6-8% consistently off MSRP.

I bought my BX23S from Barlows and after shipping saved $2200 plus another $1800 in taxes +/-. I buy all fluids and filters and as much other parts from the local Dealer to maintain a relationship in the event I need warranty work. They cant deny work, but I will be dead last in line....

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Another thing to consider in calculating your discount from list, is wether the dealer charges setup and delivery or not. You can pay list and receive the tractor in your door yard all setup and be further ahead than getting a discount on the tractor and implements and paying to have it setup and delivered. Setup can cost a lot of money depending on how many implements you have purchased.

Bevan175

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSDC
Aug 11, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I have a new B2650 HSDC being delivered today. I got 16% off. Ordered Loader, Turf tires, 72" MMM and 60" box scraper. This included free delivery and all set up. Deere, Kioti and other tractor dealers have been aggressive in my area so with some back and forth between brands pushing the sales people I feel I did very well on my deal. My plan was to go Orange all along! Good luck.

Last edited:

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
My total was 11% discount from MSRP with no additional line item charges such as setup or delivery. Included with my package were rear work lights and block heater at no charge also. It had just arrived at the dealers, was still in the box, so no floor time for these units in our area.
Bevan, did your tractor come with a block heater? Did not know if it was standard on these B2650HSDCs or not. There was no mention of it when I bought mine.

Bevan175

Equipment
Kubota B2650 HSDC
Aug 11, 2017
Ontario, Canada
My total was 11% discount from MSRP with no additional line item charges such as setup or delivery. Included with my package were rear work lights and block heater at no charge also. It had just arrived at the dealers, was still in the box, so no floor time for these units in our area.
Bevan, did your tractor come with a block heater? Did not know if it was standard on these B2650HSDCs or not. There was no mention of it when I bought mine.
When ordering the dealer asked about work and storage conditions. As the tractor will be in the shop that is never below 50C no need for block heater.