Disc harrow weight

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Cement blocks are the most common. You can use rocks, bags of sand, scrap iron - anything heavy you can tie on to it.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Look around at the thrift shops and yard and garage sales for a bar bell weight set or just the weights,, they make great additions to the disk and the front end an almost any place you need it

HighSierra79

Equipment
B7100d, M6800 w/FEL, 7' mower, 7' box blade, 42" LP tiller, 5' rake
Sep 1, 2013
MO
Old railroad line. If you can locate some, those who have it usually have a way to cut it, aka, select your size.

I have an old blue 10' 3pt disc that I constructed a wooden deck(box) on the top w/sides that covered the entire disc. I filled that with about 30-40 cinder blocks that are held in place by the box walls, with weight spread evenly over disc. Didn't know if the tractor would pick it up, but it did so just fine. Looks different, but penetrates like crazy now.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
If you can manage the weight, find a section of old sidewalk being busted out. Easiest if 'they' load 'you' to get it home. Set the section of concrete on your disk. Chain it down. I drilled a hole through the concrete and ran a long bolt to a cross-piece of strap-iron on the underside of the disk frame. Away you go. Hasn't come loose or off in years.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I made a ring mount for a 55 gal poly barrel that I secure with a ratchet strap. It doesn't weigh anything until I fill it with water and I can customize it for less weight if I don't want it full. I can siphon it off and remove it without a hoist.