Differential lock operation on L3350

muttiwilson

Equipment
L3350DT
Aug 22, 2016
La Center, WA USA
I just purchased an L3350 and having fun with it. Great tractor so far. I was spinning out a bit while pulling a log and I though to use the differential lock. I remember on my friends John Deere the pedal hardly moved at all to engage/disengage the lock. So I stepping on the lever and it moved probably 4 inches or so and stayed stuck down. I'm not sure if it locked the diff or not and had to use my heel to tug it back up. There is no return spring from what I can see.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Sounds about right. It will come unlocked on its own after a few revolutions of the rear wheels unloaded.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I just purchased an L3350 and having fun with it. Great tractor so far. I was spinning out a bit while pulling a log and I though to use the differential lock. I remember on my friends John Deere the pedal hardly moved at all to engage/disengage the lock. So I stepping on the lever and it moved probably 4 inches or so and stayed stuck down. I'm not sure if it locked the diff or not and had to use my heel to tug it back up. There is no return spring from what I can see.
also if not used a lot - might need a little TLC with the lube - all that good return spring and linkage might need a spray of something!;):)

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
And you know to NOT engage the diff lock while spinning, right?

As noted, It should disengage itself when no tension is on the system. if you jink the steering wheel a little while backing up it should pop back out.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The spring for the diff lock release is internal.
Most likely you need to lube the linkage and all the pivot points. ;)

Could be something is messed up in the system.
Engage the lock and try turning hard if it fights you on turning then the diff lock is working, if it turns normally you need to get into the system and see what's wrong.

Last edited:

muttiwilson

Equipment
L3350DT
Aug 22, 2016
La Center, WA USA
Thanks guys. I'll lube up the linkage and test it out. I just wasn't expecting that much movement in the pedal.

I'm only engaging this while stopped.