differential lock lever

buckaroo52

Equipment
Kubota L 3800 DT
Jun 5, 2013
Molalla, Oregon
Has anyone modified diff. lock lever on L3800 so you can actually engage it and operate throttle at the same time ? I guess if you had size 16 boots a guy could pull it off...I don't.

Whiskey Papa

Equipment
B2920
Sep 21, 2013
Illinois
I've always used my left foot. It'd be nice if there was a way to lock it temporarily.

Along those lines. I have a B2920 that came with diff brakes. I've never had a reason to use L/R only braking, but how would one accomplish that with a HST?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may be able to make a handle with some type of fork that will operate the differential lock pedal by pushing the handle forward. Then you may have to come up with a way to hold that handle in position, if you need to use both hands.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The rear diff lock isn't made to be used on a regular basis anyway. More like one of those holy crap situations that we find ourselves in every once in a while. If you are needing your diff lock that much you have one of two things going on.
1. you don't have the correct machine for the job at hand.
2. you shouldn't be doing what you are doing in the first place.

I think I may have used the diff lock on my L3000 1 time in the last 14 years.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
The rear diff lock isn't made to be used on a regular basis anyway. More like one of those holy crap situations that we find ourselves in every once in a while. If you are needing your diff lock that much you have one of two things going on.
1. you don't have the correct machine for the job at hand.
2. you shouldn't be doing what you are doing in the first place.

I think I may have used the diff lock on my L3000 1 time in the last 14 years.
Agreed to a point, but...

I have a spot near the creek where I get lose gravel and sand. Diff lock is usually needed when gettin a bucket full, because the tires have little traction in this spot.

Buck, Proper rear ballast on the 3 pt hitch REALLY helps here! :cool:

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I have used it a lot,generally on a limited basis. However, I have purchased two used tractors in the past where it did not work. The reason probably was they used it when they were spinning a wheel, engaging at that time. Ya gotta stop the spin and engage then or you will be without its use forever after that.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I use the diff lock every once in awhile. I just push it down with my heel. I don't engage it if I am spinning. I used it when cutting some firebreaks the other day and going uphill on some damp grass and loose soil. The only thing that surprised me was the fairly loud bang when it unlocked itself at the top of the hill.

Fallon

Equipment
L3200
Sep 10, 2013
Parker, CO
I use mine a fair bit. Pop it on before I need it when going in a straight line. It should be plenty strong once engaged. I expect its just engagement abuse that kills them.

For what turning brakes... use your left foot. Is a bit backward, but doable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Did I miss something in the manual? How is this accomplished? and does it apply to a BX25 HST?
It works on my MX-5100. You can also use both feet, one on the hst pedal and the other on the brake. That is what I do most of the time, because when I need to turn sharp I usually don't want to be using cruise.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
My bx2230 only has 1 brake pedal, both brakes apply at the same time. The ""cruise "" control just locks the hydro in whatever position you have it when you push the cruise on and let off the hydro pedal.