Dearborn plow doesn't fit

thedevilyoulove

Equipment
L3901 HST with LA525 FEL, Land Pride RCF2572, pallet forks, 3 pt carry all
Jan 27, 2016
Woodbine, Maryland
Am I doing something wrong? The plow parts are too far forward past the three point hook up and hits the tractor. What's up with that? Poorly designed plow or user error? I was jazzed to get this plow for $150 but the stupid thing won't work on my L3901 unless I am missing something.

[/URL][/IMG]

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Looks like a classic case of Category l three point tractor & a Category ll plow.
That is one of those "You can't get there from here deals".

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That iron on the right side that is in front of the cross piece the linch pin is in can be chopped off. Get that iron out of the way and it should work fine.

Didn't you know you can't attach a Ford implement to a Kubota tractor without some grief?;)

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
I suspect the name 'Dearborn' tells the tale: That plow is probably pre-WWII and for that reason predates the standardization of SAE-type 3-point lift systems.

That chunk of metal sticking out in front is probably set up to be dragged by direct attachment to the tractor rear deck or drawbar.

Haven't seen one just like that but have seen other old stuff that had to be whittled into shape in order to fit "modern" compact tractors.

In my part of the world we'll occasionally see something that was once behind a mule now being pulled by something Orange. Works without oats too.

Please post back your continuing experiences so we may all learn.

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
Can you give me the measurment of the rod that connects to the lift arm on the tractor. Go from the main beam on the plow to the right. I will measure mine to see if they are the same. That shaft can slide one way or the other but it will throw the cut of the plow off. I have a L 3301 and mine works on it

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
That piece is for a guide coulter. You can cut if of if you have no plans to restore it to original. The 8n Ford it would have been used on had strait arms where the Kubota arms are bent. My dad has a similar plow and we only use it on his 8n.

thedevilyoulove

Equipment
L3901 HST with LA525 FEL, Land Pride RCF2572, pallet forks, 3 pt carry all
Jan 27, 2016
Woodbine, Maryland
Can you give me the measurment of the rod that connects to the lift arm on the tractor. Go from the main beam on the plow to the right. I will measure mine to see if they are the same. That shaft can slide one way or the other but it will throw the cut of the plow off. I have a L 3301 and mine works on it
I see what you're saying, I might try that before I sell the plow

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
One other thing is the tractor that that plow as made for the lift arms are longer. I have one and they are much longer than my Kubota

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
judging by cousin booger's welds, on that right most share, that plow may be a better mailbox holder than plow. I wouldn't chop it up, but if i were trying to sell it, I would take a chain, hook it low on the plow, and pull it forward to get a big hunk of mud, to cover up that mess...:D:D

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
In my part of the world we'll occasionally see something that was once behind a mule now being pulled by something Orange. Works without oats too.
Ha I've got a Cole planter that my grandfather and Dad used behind a mule then converted to pull behind a 1948 JD Model M. It planted miles of corn and peas in both configurations and is just getting broke in good.:) Wish they made stuff like that today cause both still work just like they did back then.