Dealer Support Birmingham, Al Help!

Jblackwell205

Jan 4, 2024
Birmingham, AL
Hey guys, I’m in the market for a new tractor. I’ve narrowed it down to a Kubota! I’ve got several dealers within 45min. I was hoping that someone on here has used any of the dealers around the Birmingham, Alabama area and would recommend who to go too and who to stay away from from there experiences! Thanks!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hey guys, I’m in the market for a new tractor. I’ve narrowed it down to a Kubota! I’ve got several dealers within 45min. I was hoping that someone on here has used any of the dealers around the Birmingham, Alabama area and would recommend who to go too and who to stay away from from there experiences! Thanks!
Maybe do a google search for feedback on each of the dealers in your area?

Jblackwell205

Jan 4, 2024
Birmingham, AL
Maybe do a google search for feedback on each of the dealers in your area?
I have, that was the first thing I did. Several have 50/50 regarding some love the sales department but did not have good luck with the service department and vise versa which why I posted here, hoping some others had better personal feedback.

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
I’m down in the Mobile area. Once your set on a model don’t be afraid to get prices from dealers further away. Best price might be the closest but never hurts to call around.

Reactions: 1 user

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
Irby tractor in Vincent is good for used tractors. I bought my MX there several years ago. Which is currently for sale

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I'd personally go the -02 model rather than the -01 if the savings with used aren't big. The changes are small, but they're meaningful.

In a choice between a dealer with a good sales department and a dealer with a good service department, I'd take the one with the good service department. You deal with sales once, service regularly. Having said that, no obligation to get it serviced in the same place you bought it - service is a profit centre, they make money from servicing, it's not something they do as a favour to you.

Jblackwell205

Jan 4, 2024
Birmingham, AL
Im not set on buying new even though I do like the changes to the 02 models. But besides facebook, Craigslist, and dealers websites is there any other places I should check for a good used unit? Only reason I’m considering new is because locally and around the state it appears a low hour, good condition tractor is not significantly cheaper then new. Which means resale on these tractors is exceptional.

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
You can add Tractorhouse.com to that list. Yes used tractors hold value very well.

It makes sense going used if you want a pre emissions model(older than 2014 on kubotas) or if it’s cheaper than a new one including financing assuming not paying cash. New will also have a warranty, although some used could have some warranty remaining.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Yes used tractors hold value very well.

It makes sense going used if you want a pre emissions model(older than 2014 on kubotas) or if it’s cheaper than a new one including financing assuming not paying cash. New will also have a warranty, although some used could have some warranty remaining.
The problem is that a used tractor still does everything a new tractor does. So a low hour / reasonably new used tractor is basically as good as a new tractor. If they're more than 20% cheaper, they get snapped up. For a farmer, slightly used is no worse than new, and 10-20% is cash in the hand.

Conversely, if you're a hobby farmer with a tractor as a toy, and buying on credit, it's hard to justify a used tractor that is less pretty as compared to a shiny new one that comes with interest free credit.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
My personal opinion is that the simplicity of the 2502 engine/exhaust outweighs the negligible HP increase of the more complicated emissions on the 3302. And loader specs are very close/identical.

But I do all my own work/maintenance, so maybe it's not that big of a deal to you.

Of course if you actually need/want the +Hp then thats a different story...

But I suppose if you actually need the HP there is always the "2501 Turbo Kit" option so you get the more HP and no emissions BS......way cool project BTW (y) (y)

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
The problem is that a used tractor still does everything a new tractor does. So a low hour / reasonably new used tractor is basically as good as a new tractor. If they're more than 20% cheaper, they get snapped up. For a farmer, slightly used is no worse than new, and 10-20% is cash in the hand.

Conversely, if you're a hobby farmer with a tractor as a toy, and buying on credit, it's hard to justify a used tractor that is less pretty as compared to a shiny new one that comes with interest free credit.
I agree, if the cost of a used tractor plus the interest equals the cost of a new one(usually offered with 0%) then go with a new.

I would consider myself a “hobby farmer” and I saved almost 15k on my 200 hour used machine versus new. That’s including the full term interest of the loan, I was able to pay it off early so the savings was more. It had a few scratches but otherwise perfect shape.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I agree, if the cost of a used tractor plus the interest equals the cost of a new one(usually offered with 0%) then go with a new.

I would consider myself a “hobby farmer” and I saved almost 15k on my 200 hour used machine versus new. That’s including the full term interest of the loan, I was able to pay it off early so the savings was more. It had a few scratches but otherwise perfect shape.
Your avatar does not even indicate that you own a tractor.
Any info that you would like to add, for OTT?

mikedlee

Equipment
M6060
Feb 8, 2021
Blountsville, Alabama
This is who I use, they sell a lot of equipment and I have used their service dept. Also, know one of the owners.

www.blountcotractor.com
Blount County Tractor & Equipment
31720 AL-75, ONEONTA, AL 35121
(205) 625-5381

Jblackwell205

Jan 4, 2024
Birmingham, AL
Sorry for the absence been working and searching for a good deal. But found one within an hour of my shop! 2020 L2501 with 51hrs basically brand new was super clean and well maintained. Came with a Land Pride grapple, third function and a hard canopy for $19,500.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Sorry for the absence been working and searching for a good deal. But found one within an hour of my shop! 2020 L2501 with 51hrs basically brand new was super clean and well maintained. Came with a Land Pride grapple, third function and a hard canopy for $19,500.
Congratulations!
IMHO, you did VERY well !