D905 specs

kyleenright

Apr 3, 2019
Melbourne,Quebec,Canada
I bought a D905 engine out of a work site light tower (generator).
I would like to use this engine in a utility vehicle with a foot gas pedal. Since it is from a generator is it setup to run at a constant RPM?
What baffles me a bit is on the identification label it is marked 1800RPM. Does that have something to do with the governor or is it just the throttle limit screw adjustment?

Can anyone give me a breakdown of the serial and code numbers?

Attachments

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I bought a D905 engine out of a work site light tower (generator).
I would like to use this engine in a utility vehicle with a foot gas pedal. Since it is from a generator is it setup to run at a constant RPM?
What baffles me a bit is on the identification label it is marked 1800RPM. Does that have something to do with the governor or is it just the throttle limit screw adjustment?

Can anyone give me a breakdown of the serial and code numbers?
It is set up to loaf along at 1800 rpm so the direct drive generator will produce alternating current at 60 cycles per second. you can purchase the throttle assembly parts to convert it to a variable speed engine.

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Bill, what you been up to? Any rebuild projects? How has the culvert held up?

Been working on a kitchen and living room remodel, taking forever but almost done.
I still have the half done John Deere Rototiller, but it is on the back burner for now.
And the dang culvert, have not had another "downpour" to test it, of course
:rolleyes:

kyleenright

Apr 3, 2019
Melbourne,Quebec,Canada
It is set up to loaf along at 1800 rpm so the direct drive generator will produce alternating current at 60 cycles per second. you can purchase the throttle assembly parts to convert it to a variable speed engine.
Is there a parts list available that differentiates the part numbers between fixed RPM and variable?