D850 cooling question

Rydholm11211

Equipment
B6200 hst
Apr 13, 2018
Spokane valley
So I am swapping engines, because my old D850 went bad, well I just noticed on the good engine it has a different crankshaft and wont except the old pulley so I have to use the crankshaft pulley that came with it, well it is smaller than the original one, will that alef effect my water pump or cooking having a smaller diameter? I have tried to include a picture of the two sides.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
First why won't it accept it?
Different spline size?
Yes they are different looking pulleys as one is meant to have a PTO shaft bolted to it instead of attach directly to the crank.
The splines that are expossed and sticking out are PTO splines, not the splines that the pulley sits on, these splines are behind the nut that holds the old one on (Your other crank probably didn't have those PTO splines).

If you do need to use it, It won't effect the water pump for the pulley to be smaller, it will just move more water. ;)

Last edited:

Rydholm11211

Equipment
B6200 hst
Apr 13, 2018
Spokane valley
The small pulley is 3.5 inches and the big pulley is 5 inches.

It wont except it because it has a totally different crankshaft end.

Another queston: the hose ports on the engine are different size? Will that effect anything, I tried to switch them, but they will not come off.

I just want to make sure the cooling system works great, talk about a hassle to switch the front cover to have a water pump. If the D850 I got was already had a water pump, would have saved a lot of time

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It wont except it because it has a totally different crankshaft end.

Another queston: the hose ports on the engine are different size? Will that effect anything, I tried to switch them, but they will not come off.

I just want to make sure the cooling system works great, talk about a hassle to switch the front cover to have a water pump. If the D850 I got was already had a water pump, would have saved a lot of time
I explained the crank shaft ends, pull both pulleys and take a picture of both crank ends.

Which do you need for water, the large hose or the small one?