Curtis plow mount

SpudHauler

Equipment
RTV 1100 CW-A
Sep 8, 2010
Canada
I know this is not a tractor, RTV1100, but it's my tractor and I like to make it more versatile and better when I can see a way.

You guys are all tractor nuts, but it is ORANGE.

The curtis plow mount is big bulky and very heavy. Plus hung so low it can be the reason for getting stuck very easily. I put mine on a diet, plus added a 10" cylinder to get more than the 4" of lift curtis supplies. When angled it would drag the corner with every chance it got.

Also removed the heavy stock bumper and all together probably replaced 200+ lbs of weight with a much lighter, under 100 lb, setup that now has the blade 20" off the ground when straight and when angled still 9" off the ground at the corner.

So you see, we fab stuff for none tractor stuff too and I just wanted you Tractor Nuts to know that. :D:D:D

And scanning and reading this forum was the seed for the brainstorm for change. Thanks

First picture is the old setup and you can see how low the curtis plow mount hangs. The second is the one I had my welding buddy build and the mount is now higher than the differential skid plate. Great!

Paint this spring will make it pretty. Can't work as fast as some of you guys, but we will get her done!

All the great fabs on display here these days, just thought I had to contribute to the flow of good information and pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:

SpudHauler

Equipment
RTV 1100 CW-A
Sep 8, 2010
Canada
One sweet rig! great idea! are those BX tires/rims?
Yes they are BX 26x12-12. But the fronts do rub a little and I had to grind off the mudflap bracket to get more clearance. They rub on the plastic stick guards and on the coil spring, but just barely. With the reduced front end weight it is much improved, but this winter will tell the tale. Great flotation as well as traction.
I don't recommend them. Really too wide for the front at least, but they do look good with the orange rims.