Could someone help me identify this old Kubota I found in Mexico?

Roberto Stock

Equipment
Kubota tractor
Oct 28, 2023
Mexico
I think it is a L2002DT but not sure, or what year it could be. It is working fine and I am also trying to find an operator´s manual. The closest I have found is the L235-L275 but the controls are quite different. Here are some pix. Many thanks.

Attachments

Roberto Stock

Equipment
Kubota tractor
Oct 28, 2023
Mexico
Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks, I saw those pix too. Do you know how could I find out the year? (there is no plate on the tractor and couldn't find one on the engine either. And hopefully an operator´s manual in English? It's my first tractor with 4 wheels, I always used a BCS walk-behind.
What couldn't get a picture of the side of the hood?
As that is where it will say what it is.

It's of the sunshine variant, different controls and different lights.
Also if it is a L2002 it's probably a very early model or someone changed the muffler as that's a muffler off of a 01 series tractor.

You would need to know the engine size to know the HP of it and that will tell you the model number, or just look on the side of the hood.

You won't be able to tell the year specifically.
Kubota did
If it is a L2002 it was made between 1978-1985.
Tractors get their date when they are sold not made and there are no record of the grey units available.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Nice tractor! Welcome to the forum.

I noticed from one of your pictures there does not seem to be a support going from the bottom of the loader towers to the rear frame. When you get ready to use the loader you might want to check it and be sure. Pushing into a pile of material without those brackets could cause damage.

Roberto Stock

Equipment
Kubota tractor
Oct 28, 2023
Mexico
Nice tractor! Welcome to the forum.

I noticed from one of your pictures there does not seem to be a support going from the bottom of the loader towers to the rear frame. When you get ready to use the loader you might want to check it and be sure. Pushing into a pile of material without those brackets could cause damage.
Hey, many thanks for the tip. I did not know about them. How would I go about getting them?

Roberto Stock

Equipment
Kubota tractor
Oct 28, 2023
Mexico
What couldn't get a picture of the side of the hood?
As that is where it will say what it is.

It's of the sunshine variant, different controls and different lights.
Also if it is a L2002 it's probably a very early model or someone changed the muffler as that's a muffler off of a 01 series tractor.

You would need to know the engine size to know the HP of it and that will tell you the model number, or just look on the side of the hood.

You won't be able to tell the year specifically.
Kubota did
If it is a L2002 it was made between 1978-1985.
Tractors get their date when they are sold not made and there are no record of the grey units available.
Thank you for the info. I've been looking for numbers, any numbers, but could not find them (it has a K3-A on the engine, but that's it). I am doing maintenance before putting it to work (fluids, filters, etc.) and when I take down the sides I will explore the recesses. I am sure the engine is a D1302, so I assume it is the 20HP. As far as I know the muffler is the original, but can't be sure. I was kind of surprised with the 4 settings for the PTO, I had never seen that.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
They don’t stay looking that nice up here in Canada by themselves. Nice looking score and I’m betting someone took good care of it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks, they do look identical! Would you know how to get hold of an Operator's Manual?
The engine number is stamped on a flat on the Block facing up, just outside of the injection pump.
What does the hood say?
There more than likely will not be an OPS, (operator) or WSM (service manual) for that model specifically.
There weren't may done for the grey market tractors.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I like the way the hood opens up, very unusual!
Good looking machine!