Coolant Temp Alarm/Buzzer on a B series?

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
Anyone have any info on installing a coolant temp Alarm/buzzer on a B Kubota. The gauge is great but can be overlooked just long enough to make the difference between a repair that cost mucho or just a leaky hose fix??? These little 3 bangers do not like to run hot and I'd like to know instantly if I'm running hot.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Anyone have any info on installing a coolant temp Alarm/buzzer on a B Kubota. The gauge is great but can be overlooked just long enough to make the difference between a repair that cost mucho or just a leaky hose fix??? These little 3 bangers do not like to run hot and I'd like to know instantly if I'm running hot.
I have on similar gauge to what Jay recommended. Easy to see - the problem with a "buzzer" - it will have to be damn loud to hear over the engine noise - and once you hear it, you will either have to cut the ignition off to stop the noise or to have a kill switch to make the buzzer stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Does the tractor have a light in addition to the gauge?

Dan

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
There are any number of lights or light/buzzer combinations that you could install along with a temperature sensor to engage it. It would just involve a little wiring and finding a place to install the sensor.

Personally, I just monitor the analog temp gauge I installed on mine, so I know exactly what the temperature is. A quick glance down ever so often confirms things are OK.

Temp Warming.jpg

Back Lit.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
There are any number of lights or light/buzzer combinations that you could install along with a temperature sensor to engage it. It would just involve a little wiring and finding a place to install the sensor.

Personally, I just monitor the analog temp gauge I installed on mine, so I know exactly what the temperature is. A quick glance down ever so often confirms things are OK.

View attachment 97046
View attachment 97047
Does this temp gauge work off of the original engine temp sensor, or did you have it install and additional temp sensor. And if you did install a different sensor how did you do it?

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Does this temp gauge work off of the original engine temp sensor, or did you have it install and additional temp sensor. And if you did install a different sensor how did you do it?
MY tractor (not the same as yours) never had a temperature sensor to begin with, so naturally I had to add one. But IF your tractor currently has a sensor mounted on the engine/cooling system, you should be able to use it.

I drilled and tapped a spot for my sensor in the water jacket and installed it there.

Tapped Water Jacket.jpg