Considering purchasing a Woodland Mills WC68 6″ PTO WOOD CHIPPER for My LX2610

rh74

Equipment
LX2610, LA535, BH77, LX2980, RB1672, BB2560, PFL1242
Feb 17, 2024
Hoosick Falls, NY
Good day.

In have a b2650 (I think similar size/wt to the LX2610) and have WC68…I also have a hilly property. It handles it fine but I would mention a couple things:

1. It hangs off the back a bit and greatly changes (reduces) your departure angle…so depending on you terrain it may change where you can drive to with it on.

2. I believe the WC68 with fluid is 750ish lbs…it’s great ballast and you know it is there. Depending again on terrain you may need to back up slopes with it on. YMMV. For me the simple solution has been to stage the piles of branches where you plan to chip. This should be some area level that you can safely get the machine / implement too. For me and my terrain I can not really do a milk run and drive to everything I want to chip with the chipper on the rear. It’s a lot easier for me to use the grapple to bring the material and make a pile to one or two locations where level. Then bring chipper to the pile. After a time or two you will figure out what works or not for your set up.

3. I would not plan to have chipper on with out the loader on if you have hilly terrain…pending your terrain you may need some weight in the front.

the B has plenty of power for it and the implement so far has been pretty straight forward to set up and use.

good luck.
Thank you for the great information. I believe our models are very close in all specs. I was typing my last response and missed this one. So basically, if I use common sense the Tractor will not run away on me. A comment in an earlier post had me thinking that was an easy possibility.

Reactions: 1 user

rh74

Equipment
Feb 17, 2024
Hoosick Falls, NY
RH74, I have that same set-up (WC-68/LX2610) and my chipping area is at the bottom of a hill near my fields. I have no problem going up or down the hills. I usually am running in medium or low range to avoid bouncing the chipper on the 3-point, but never had an issue with power to transport.
Thank you for the information.

rh74

Equipment
Feb 17, 2024
Hoosick Falls, NY
I want to thank everyone for all of the great information. Now it's time to spend some money.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Thank you for the great information. I believe our models are very close in all specs. I was typing my last response and missed this one. So basically, if I use common sense the Tractor will not run away on me. A comment in an earlier post had me thinking that was an easy possibility.
I do agree that if careful it will be just fine on the B or LX size machine. I can offer I don’t use by B on wet grass…I don’t go up / down my hills unless in low and 4WD…the tractor will slide otherwise even when dry…also no side hilling …wet grass is an absolute no no for me. If it doesn’t feel right, stop. Reassess. If need to back out or change direction to try another approach, just think it through…as slow as possible and as fast as necessary…last you want to do is start bouncing with that kind of weight in the back.

Keep the rubber side down and you will be fine. ☕