Clutch housing water

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
Trying to learn about my..new to me...B7500hst. In the manual it makes reference to a water drain plug to drain water from the clutch housing. I locate what I assume to be that drain, in the rear of the bell housing. Remove the plug...and out come what I believe to be hydraulic fluid. The pic in the manual isn't terribly helpful...so...Is this the correct plug??? The manual also references a "front transmission drain", which looks similar in position. Thanks in advance. The first pic is the manual reference....the second is the plug I removed.

Attachments

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Ahhh.........this ain't no bell housing.

Are you sure you are looking in the right direction?
This pic of yours appears to be your trans.......looking to the rear.

The bell housing is directly behind the engine.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Ahhh.........this ain't no bell housing.

Are you sure you are looking in the right direction?
This pic of yours appears to be your trans.......looking to the rear.

The bell housing is directly behind the engine.
My thoughts also.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Mine is a different tractor but the principals are all the same.

Engine to bell housing to tunnel to transmission.

The bell housing looks somewhat like a bell, thus the name.

The output shaft from the fly wheel runs out the CENTER of the bell, down the tunnel and to the transmission. The pic you posted shows the two shafts, one running out the bottom of the trans and look like it runs the MMM (mower) or to the front axle, I cannot tell from the limited view, the other is the output shaft coming from the bell housing......at any rate neither of them indicate that they are running out the center of anything, let alone a bell housing.

The drain you are looking will be at the bottom of the bell, only necessary if you run it in deep water and bell housing took on water that needs to be drained immediately afterward.

Last edited:

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
Sorry guys....after a second look...with some extra lighting in the dark barn...i found I was looking at the wrong component. I guess ya cant find a plug on the bell housing....when you're looking at the transmission case. Found what I needed. Thanks