Cleaning the black plastic

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
While taking some pictures of the modifications to my BX, I realized how dirty the black plastic around the instrument panel was. I just wondered what you guy's preferred method is to clean that plastic and KEEP it looking good?

AZ.

May 4, 2014
Arizona
Get something with a high UV protection.... All I use now is Aerospace Protectant 303.....

Napa sells it and you can find it on line....All these years never have anything like it!

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
We have had good luck so far with that As Seen on TV "Wipe New" renewal product. Usually that stuff is kind of hokey but in this case, it works as advertised. It is a somewhat glossy finish so if you don't want that, don't use it.

http://www.asseenontv.com/wipe-new-restore-renew-and-protect-your-auto/detail.php?p=383790&v=auto

It's not all that cheap either. You can also get it at Wal-Mart for about the same price and no shipping. It lasts about 6 months maximum before you need to retreat.

We used to use armor-all but this stuff lasts longer.

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
Get something with a high UV protection.... All I use now is Aerospace Protectant 303.....

Napa sells it and you can find it on line....All these years never have anything like it!
303 is the real deal. Originally invented for the space shuttle.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

I am gonna look into that stuff.....anything that NASA thought of cant be all bad !!!!:D:D

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
I am gonna look into that stuff.....anything that NASA thought of cant be all bad !!!!:D:D
Well, except maybe for that stuff that replaced the original insulation foam on the space shuttle fuel tank and boosters.......

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Well, except maybe for that stuff that replaced the original insulation foam on the space shuttle fuel tank and boosters.......
and cold O rings........sad thing is they knew about both!:mad:

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
...and the industrial double stick tape to hold the tiles on... and epoxy leading wing edges... and launching in temperatures below your minimum scrub guidelines... and a bunch of other stuff. The Islamic outreach program is probably doing well though... LOL! :D

(Don't get me wrong, I love NASA and JPL and Planetary exploration, just not so sure the agency is aware of what it's job is/was these days)

Most aerospace stuff is usually top notch so it might be a good buy.

I've also used the Meguires stuff with success but you need to keep it protected after it wears off.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
...and the industrial double stick tape to hold the tiles on... and epoxy leading wing edges... and launching in temperatures below your minimum scrub guidelines... and a bunch of other stuff. The Islamic outreach program is probably doing well though... LOL! :D

(Don't get me wrong, I love NASA and JPL and Planetary exploration, just not so sure the agency is aware of what it's job is/was these days)

Most aerospace stuff is usually top notch so it might be a good buy.

I've also used the Meguires stuff with success but you need to keep it protected after it wears off.
Problem with NASA - is that it IS A GOVERNMENT AGENCY...........and we all know that the government could screw up a one car funeral:rolleyes:........hell they would stick the wrong person in the casket:D ..............where the hell IS Jimmy Hoffa?:D:eek::D:rolleyes:

AZ.

May 4, 2014
Arizona
I detail cars on the side.....I can blow peoples minds when there cars get back to them....It last...not sticky....not greasy.....and like I said...It has a UV rating of SPF 40 ......

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I detail cars on the side.....I can blow peoples minds when there cars get back to them....It last...not sticky....not greasy.....and like I said...It has a UV rating of SPF 40 ......
I am ordering some righhhttt now !!! thank you for the tip!:)