Cleaning and prep for winter.....WAXING!!!!

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Did you wax your tractor for the winter? I did. :D :D :D :D :D :D

I hate scrubbing the grime off the tractor after winter mud etc so a good wax job will make a simple hose spray off so much easier for spring cleaning. :D :D :D

Yep, waxed the wheels, engine, fuel tank and anything I could rub under the hood too.

Come spring it will get it again!!!

Attachments

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
You and Vic are very much alike in this regard - love to make your tractors all pretty like! They are damn near show tractors! :D I'm jealous...

To truth is that regular (careful) washing and wax is really the best thing for any paint job, truck, car or tractor - especially true if you are in a winter climate where salt ends up on the roads. Wash + wax folks. That's the secret!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I glad to hear that I'm not the only one that waxes the tractors. I try to put at least 2 coats per year. The mid summer is like a booster shot just to keep the water beading up nice and tight. One thing for sure. It takes a large bottle of Armor All to make the tires shine and the pump fingers will be sore.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I feel your pain SDV.

Mrs Bulldog always made fun of me for washing the tractors right before going to the hay field. I had two fields right on the road so I wanted the Orange to be shining bright while working in them. If I have down time between jobs mine get washed. It's just a good feeling to go to the field on a clean tractor.

As far as the truck goes, I didn't even wash it much less wax it. Do you have a step past Kubota crazy?

I may already be there.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I knew I was some kind of crazy.............just trying to figure out which is more crazy for me...... Boat crazy or Kubota crazy.:D :D :D :D :D :D

The wifes car got waxed already but the truck is still waiting. :D