Christmas came a week early

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
you wont be disappointed. Only problem I had was it made me lazy. I would work 10 mins at pulling out a sapling just because it was more fun then getting off and cutting it with the shears.:rolleyes:

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
Congrats. I have a 60 inch EA Grapple coming in about 3 weeks. I have lots of brush to clear also. Can't wait.

JWool

Equipment
B2650HSDC FEL & Front Snow Blower, ZT-Z421, GL11000 Generator
Dec 29, 2013
Northern MI
i have been thinking about the same one, had it in the cart for a week now.

Looks like fun, is it everyting you expected?

Last edited:

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
It’s more than I expected. I started searching back in October and I looked at every brand. I was most concerned about weight and then size. All the others I looked at weighed in excess of 400lbs which I felt would really limit my lift capacity. I had the EA grapple in my cart ready to purchase in early November knowing I would have a few days off around the Holiday to play with it but at that point I waited too long and there was no guarantee that it would arrive by thanksgiving. So my other option was the Land Pride from my local Kubota dealer which seemed to be a good comparison but it was about $500 more. So I sucked it up and placed the order with EA. I was a little hesitant with that the 55” wouldn’t be wide enough. But this thing is perfect. It’s solid as a rock. Weight is no issue as it comes in less than the weight of my bucket. It opens super wide and the ability to use the top tines and “rake backwards “ is awesome. The clamping pressure is really good as well. If you have any questions ask away and don’t hesitate to pull the trigger on this one.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Without a doubt, I used my Grapple more than any other attachment this year.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Since using Bearskinners grapple this past spring I have almost pulled the trigger on one several times. The biggest thing stopping me is that I am not sure that the BX1860 has enough power for a grapple to do any real good for me. If I had a bigger tractor this would be a no brainer for me. I never used a grapple before I used Bearskinner's but I discovered that they are really easy to use.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Since using Bearskinners grapple this past spring I have almost pulled the trigger on one several times. The biggest thing stopping me is that I am not sure that the BX1860 has enough power for a grapple to do any real good for me. If I had a bigger tractor this would be a no brainer for me. I never used a grapple before I used Bearskinner's but I discovered that they are really easy to use.
You know what the answer to that problem is, a bigger tractor.. New Toys..

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
You know what the answer to that problem is, a bigger tractor.. New Toys..
I agree with your answerand so does my wife. The problem is we can't get my wallet to agree.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I agree with your answerand so does my wife. The problem is we can't get my wallet to agree.
I hear you there. Same problem here.

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
The stock bucket is 60" so that's what I was using as a comparison when I was shopping the different brands. I did get the free shipping. I picked it up at the Fed Ex terminal about 15 mins away from me. They are open 24hrs. I was so excited I ended up going there after work on that Friday at 9pm.