Chipper recommendations?

rtallichet

Equipment
3901HST-FEL, box blade, backhoe, grapple, rake, forks, piranha bar stump grinder
Dec 11, 2017
Texas
Hello Kubota Friends: Any recommendations on a chipper attachment for my 3901? I have a BH77 backhoe attached now. Not crazy about the disconnect/connect process. However, if there is a benefit for PTO drive I am all ears. Or, would you go tow-behind gas on a vehicle? If so, brand and size? Thanks for the feedback.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I have a WoodMaxx WM-8M that I use with my L3901DT and it works really well. I also have a BH-77 and it really isn't that hard to remove it and reattach it. Make yourself a backhoe dolly, that really makes it a lot easier. I can change it in about 10 minutes now with the dolly.

Here is a picture of two 4' high chip piles I made from cleaning up from 3 trees we took down.

Let me know if I can answer any qustions.

rtallichet

Equipment
3901HST-FEL, box blade, backhoe, grapple, rake, forks, piranha bar stump grinder
Dec 11, 2017
Texas
Thanks for the recommendation. I found this video that goes over the good and not so good items for this mfg. It was made in 2014.. Can you comment on if these areas are still an issue? Or were improvements made since? The not so good items start at about 7 minutes into the video. Thanks again for your help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-hWIle0Xa0

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
I run a BX42S from FHM on my L2501 and it’s done everything I’ve asked of it. I burn anything 3” and up so a 4” is perfect, and for under $1200 delivered I couldn’t pass it up.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Thanks for the recommendation. I found this video that goes over the good and not so good items for this mfg. It was made in 2014.. Can you comment on if these areas are still an issue? Or were improvements made since? The not so good items start at about 7 minutes into the video. Thanks again for your help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-hWIle0Xa0
I just got back from a short vacation, I will have to watch the video and let you know.

msmcknight

Equipment
B2601
Oct 30, 2017
Statesville, NC, USA
I have the WoodMaxx WM-8H that I use with a little B2601 and I have been impressed with this chipper every time I use it. Even on a small tractor, this thing will eat 6" trees without any problem.

I looked at the video and I've not had any of the problems the guy described. I actually remember watching that video when I was researching chippers myself.

I highly recommend the 8H version. It has the hydraulic infeed roller with adjustable speed. It makes working with chippers so much easier. No matter what brand, get one with an auto feeder.

The guys at Woodmaxx are excellent if you need help. A real person answers the phone and they know their products inside and out.

I would absolutely recommend the Woodmaxx chippers.

Slater2028

Equipment
Kubota B2320, Loader, Weight Box.
Feb 27, 2015
Québec, Québec, Canada
Hey guys!
I have a Woodland Mills WC68. Just bought it this summer. So far I really like it. My tractor is small (Kubota B2320) but so far it has eaten everything I through in it. It is rated to take wood as big as 6" x 8" in diameter. It's well built and and really well packaged when shipped. With my tractor I have chipped limbs as big as 4" without a problem. What is bigger than that I keep for firewood. I'll try to add a link of it in action. The pto runs a hydraulic pump on it and that regulates the auto feeder. Also I need to mention that their customer service is great. I intend to buy more implements from them. I'm looking at their stump grinder and also their sawmills.

https://dbandlife.com/2018/07/15/woodland-mills-wood-chipper-wc68/

https://woodlandmills.ca