China 3 pt Backhoes

gkk2001

Equipment
F3680, L3800 HST
Aug 14, 2011
Central GA, USA
Doing a Google search out of curiosity on what after market backhoes are available, I ran across this site:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1317840273/3_point_hitch_backhoe_Towable_Backhoe.html

which has several Chinese backhoes sold wholesale in quantities > 1.

I don't know if these are worth fooling with or not. Can anyone comment on their viability? Are they sold retail here in US? By any chance does any of you have one and can comment?

vickark

Equipment
L3200, fel,backhoe,sgr 1060 grapple, boxblade, lp bush hog,post hole auger
Jun 16, 2013
Texas
Doing a Google search out of curiosity on what after market backhoes are available, I ran across this site:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1317840273/3_point_hitch_backhoe_Towable_Backhoe.html

which has several Chinese backhoes sold wholesale in quantities > 1.

I don't know if these are worth fooling with or not. Can anyone comment on their viability? Are they sold retail here in US? By any chance does any of you have one and can comment?
I have seen results of the 3 point backhoes. Too much pressure can cause it to break away from the tractor and "launch" the operator or crush them when they hit the rops.
You'd be better off getting one with a subframe attachment. I know they are pricey, but funerals are too.
We'd rather have you on the OTT forum a little longer.
Have a great day !

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
You might be able to buy one and adapt it to a subframe; I don't think you want it mounted to the 3 point. Otherwise, if the price is right, it might work out well. It looks pretty good.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Besides the 3PH vs. Subframe issues, I have read about the poor quality valves, hoses and cylinders used on them, and oddball metric fittings that are near impossible to source in the states when you need to replace/fix something.

tsafa

Equipment
Kubota L3800, FEL, F550 Dump, 10K Trailer
Nov 3, 2013
Tobyhanna, PA
Very interesting. I read all the safety concerns and think they are important. And I hate Metric fittings. I did send them and email non the less and ask for a price on their LW-7 model. If nothing else, just out of curiosity.

GKK2001, did you get any prices?

I was also wondering what drives it? I see hoses. Where do they attach to? Is that part of the package? Installation costs? How stable is it. Isn't the 3 point designed to float upwards?

I did some googling to look for reviews. Overall I found that the 3 pt backhoes are good for working soft soil and pulling up shrubs. Not good for hard soil or rocks. The prices I saw are not cheap enough. I would rather pay the extra 2K and get one from Kabota and know I will not have problems.

Last edited:

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Very interesting. I read all the safety concerns and think they are important. And I hate Metric fittings. I did send them and email non the less and ask for a price on their LW-7 model. If nothing else, just out of curiosity.

GKK2001, did you get any prices?

I was also wondering what drives it? I see hoses. Where do they attach to? Is that part of the package? Installation costs? How stable is it. Isn't the 3 point designed to float upwards?
OMG You sent them a email, with the language barrier you might have just become the east coast distributor.

tsafa

Equipment
Nov 3, 2013
Tobyhanna, PA
OMG You sent them a email, with the language barrier you might have just become the east coast distributor.
Interesting idea... I have been wanting to get into the import business... I just did not know what to import... and I kind of like tractors :D

gkk2001

Equipment
F3680, L3800 HST
Aug 14, 2011
Central GA, USA
TSAFA, on your question about drive, I think it is driven off the PTO output shaft with a pump. one of the pics showed that setup. if I can find it again, I will post it.

Lots of good replies that are probably quite accurate. This was an item of curiosity for me...no serious intent here. I agree in that the Kubota engineering and quality are well worth the $$ in a case like this.

gkk2001

Equipment
F3680, L3800 HST
Aug 14, 2011
Central GA, USA
Here you go on pricing, yes they will sell individual units from China.

Thank you for your inquiry about our 3 point hitch tractor backhoe,the price as follows:
Type:LW-8,
Price:$3300/unit,FOB/Qingdao.including PTO accelerator pump, fuel tank.

They were thoughtful enough to reply, give them credit.

And interesting website:
http://www.qdimpetus.en.alibaba.com

Are you all lining up to buy?

RDR

Equipment
M5400,B6100E,K008,L175,TG1860Diesel,JD355D,3)Leyland 154D's,YM2000,IH1466
Oct 13, 2009
Danevang, Tx.
Here you go on pricing, yes they will sell individual units from China.

Thank you for your inquiry about our 3 point hitch tractor backhoe,the price as follows:
Type:LW-8,
Price:$3300/unit,FOB/Qingdao.including PTO accelerator pump, fuel tank.

They were thoughtful enough to reply, give them credit.

And interesting website:

Are you all lining up to buy?
I used a 3pt backhoe on a rice farm for 7 years with no problem. It was made in the U.S.A. not the cheap chinese junk.

tsafa

Equipment
Nov 3, 2013
Tobyhanna, PA
They replied the next day after my inquiry with this:

Type:LW-7,
Price:$2450/unit,FOB/Qingdao.including PTO accelerator pump, fuel tank.
SIZE:220*100*150CM
Alternative parts: Mechanical thumb and Safty frame. 150 USD / UNIT.

If you have any questions,pls contact me,I'll try the best to support you.
Best regards,
Michael Zhao

Qingdao Impetus International Trading Co,Ltd

TEL:86-0532-82825256(QD),86-0531-86920801(JN),

Phone:86-15589950135.

Trademanager:cn1500079088

Add:Rm513,Zhenye Mansion,No.40,Yanggu RD,Shibei District,Qingdao,China

I have some experience with dealing with Chinese vendors. "Buyer Beware". Most vendors do not want to know you after they take your money. There is no such thing as suing people for cheating you in that country. The only possible way you would not get cheated is because they are future orders already set up and they don't want you to cancel future orders. You would need to find an "Agent" to handle to arrangements for you and take care of such things as export papers... taxes... bribes... etc.... That is how business works in that country.

Last edited:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I have one of the chinese backhoes. Fieldbird, what a name!! Agreed on the support and no parts. But, it does work and very strong. I was really suprised at the digging and scrapeing power. Before I bought it , I could not see how a 3ph backhoe could work. Trying to dig down would push the 3ph up, right?? If you hooked it up like your other attachments, yes. BUT, you do not use the normal top link. You remove the pivoting top link and the backhoes has an arm (solid) that hooks into the tractor where the top link normally goes. You actually cannot raise or lower the backhoe with the 3ph. So when you dig down, it pushes up on the tractor. You are still pushing on the 3 ph connectors, but it transfers the load to the tractor, it will lift the tractor. The 3ph was not designed for that much load so be warned. It has it's own pump and hydralic tank. the pump slides on to the pto. All hydralics are seperate from the tractor. For the light work that I have done, it's ok. I think I paid $2,200 for mine used.