Chevy or Dodge???

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
I've had mine for a number of years, its a 09' 3500, real good luck with it, with new truck prices touching a $100 grand in Canada, :eek::eek: I'll keep this one for as long as I can. (y)
5FE53472-7AC2-441F-AAF7-0CB0A631C6C1.jpeg

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
still not a fan of gm vehicles, not sure i ever will be.

gf is, and we butt heads for that. she has an 09 gmc acadia, and it's gonna need chains, which means the motor's gotta come out. Quoted $6200 at dealer. It will get gone before we spend $6200 for timing chains! May get a second opinion. Has 126,000 miles on it. Heater will come on full blast sometimes, and only in the middle of the summer after driving a while. And when I say full blast, I mean it will run you OUT. And here, in the South (Daren can attest to this), you don't want the heater in the summer....you'll just cook. ALL of the buttons in the dash have lost all of their markings. Two of them are broken. Yeah it's a nice car but there comes a point when you gotta decide what you're gonna do. At this point I think we're gonna go look at Explorers. We'll probably look at those and maybe the Escape. She likes them both but she needs to drive one and see which she likes better. Said something about getting another acadia and I said NO you are not!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
It’s amazing the amount of money people piss away on vehicles buying new ones every 2-4 years or when they get 50-60,000 miles on them. The least amount of mileage we have gotten rid of a vehicle was 100,000 and then was my single cab pickup to get one with a back seat when we started a family. Most have 150,000-175,000 miles.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Those are just regular mirrors on the truck at the moment. I'm gonna add a set of telescoping tow mirrors to the truck at some point later on down the road. 😁😁😁 I'm not really brand specific anymore. I'm particular about the seats and leg room now days 😉😉😉

My Ford F550 i drive for work had basic vinyl bucket seats in it. The sides of the seat are extremely s

My biggest concern for a vehicle is comfort. Seats and leg room are my biggest deal breakers. The Ford F550 i drive for work has really stiff raised sides on the seats. It's great if your as size 30 waist line. But puts pressure on your hips if your bigger.

Drove a nice dodge to Denver (14 hrs). It was feeling like I was sitting on a sheet of plywood before I reached Tulsa.

I've found GM/ chevy seats to be the most comfortable.
ill keep that in mind when it’s time to update mine, seat comfort is very important.

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
I have an 06 F250, the 6.0 has been just fine, runs like brand new. Eats 2 batteries about every 5 years. Wife has abused it pretty good pulling really heavy horse trailers and hay bales. She also doesn't mind sliding down hill and getting stuck, or hitting trees in the yard. I refuse to fix anything cosmetically, so it's beat to heck. Has a touch under 135K on the odometer. Just picked up a 2020 Ram 2500 with the Hemi a couple months ago, and that is now the horse trailer hauler. When it gets scratch, dinged and dented, it will stay that way. Paid 28,600 for the Ford, and quite a bit more for the ram, like 53K, and I got the Tradesman model. Can't imagine what a Longhorn or Limited would run.

F250.jpg
Ram.jpg

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
SS found out today you have to drop the fueltank to change the xfr case oil in his Dodge 4WD PU !
Tranny is sealed as well !

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

gf is, and we butt heads for that. she has an 09 gmc acadia, and it's gonna need chains, which means the motor's gotta come out. Quoted $6200 at dealer. It will get gone before we spend $6200 for timing chains! May get a second opinion. Has 126,000 miles on it. Heater will come on full blast sometimes, and only in the middle of the summer after driving a while. And when I say full blast, I mean it will run you OUT. And here, in the South (Daren can attest to this), you don't want the heater in the summer....you'll just cook. ALL of the buttons in the dash have lost all of their markings. Two of them are broken. Yeah it's a nice car but there comes a point when you gotta decide what you're gonna do. At this point I think we're gonna go look at Explorers. We'll probably look at those and maybe the Escape. She likes them both but she needs to drive one and see which she likes better. Said something about getting another acadia and I said NO you are not!
We bought a dodge PT Cruiser for our daughters first car. Used, got it at a tote note place and paid cash for it.

Vehicle was pretty loaded and had power seats. What I didn't realize was the thing had heated seats as well and the buttons were on the side of the seat just above the seat controls.

This was that summer when Temps were ranging between 120 and 130 for August. You know that year im talking about. 😉😉😉

Left the tote note place and I was driving the cruiser. What I didn't realize was I had kicked the heated seats on high 😱😱😱

I'm on the back road from Maumelle to Conway. AC on high, and I'm just getting hotter, and hotter. At this point I'm shirtless and just burning up. Sweat rolling off of me.. Then it was like someone lit my Butt on fire 😳😳😳😳

Well I whipped the car to the side of the road, bailed out, and then got down on my knees and inspected the seat controls. That's when I found the heated seat control on high 😁😁😁

Wife calls a few minutes later because she lost me. She was laughing her butt off when I told her what happened. 🙄🙄🙄

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
SS found out today you have to drop the fueltank to change the xfr case oil in his Dodge 4WD PU !
Tranny is sealed as well !
What model? Mine is not like that. 2019 2500.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
It’s amazing the amount of money people piss away on vehicles buying new ones every 2-4 years or when they get 50-60,000 miles on them. The least amount of mileage we have gotten rid of a vehicle was 100,000 and then was my single cab pickup to get one with a back seat when we started a family. Most have 150,000-175,000 miles.
I'm pretty much in your camp here BAP. Sometimes things just don't work out according to plan. Cars used to be a major interest of mine (small, fast ones). Now not so much and I just want a car to last me 8-10 years, that translates to about 100k miles.
With that in mind in 2014 we bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee with a diesel. My thought was here is a vehicle that can last me 150k miles. It sure cost like that. Well, it was a good plan anyway. . .
When was the last time you bought a new car and within 40k miles you had to:
1) replace sensors? Check engine light doesn't like bad sensors
2) replace the hood (defective factory paint job - peeled in <24mo)
3) replaced more sensors
4) replaced the heads (yes 2 of them)
5) replace some more sensors
6) replace the entire motor (yep the whole thing)
7) yes, lets replace more sensors
8) replace the transmission
9) fix turbo leak
10) fix exhaust leak
11) more sensors

The car actually broke down and left us stranded halfway between Albany and home (50mi away from home).
A warning light came on after we crossed the GW into New Jersey saying the car wouldn't restart in 100 miles and started the 100mi countdown. We were more than 100mi from home. We got to MD (our destination) and found a dealer (after calling ahead). Sure enough when I turned it off in his service center it wouldn't restart. They had to push it.

The major issues were beyond the CT Lemon Law. The best Chrysler would do is give me an extended warranty. It expired last month. I called Carvana. They picked it up and paid me. I couldn't in good conscience sell it to an individual.

What a POS!

802Driver

Equipment
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
I'm pretty much in your camp here BAP. Sometimes things just don't work out according to plan. Cars used to be a major interest of mine (small, fast ones). Now not so much and I just want a car to last me 8-10 years, that translates to about 100k miles.
With that in mind in 2014 we bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee with a diesel. My thought was here is a vehicle that can last me 150k miles. It sure cost like that. Well, it was a good plan anyway. . .
3) replaced more sensors
9) fix turbo leak
10) fix exhaust leak
11) more sensors

The car actually broke down and left us stranded halfway between Albany and home (50mi away from home).
A warning light came on after we crossed the GW into New Jersey saying the car wouldn't restart in 100 miles and started the 100mi countdown. We were more than 100mi from home. We got to MD (our destination) and found a dealer (after calling ahead). Sure enough when I turned it off in his service center it wouldn't restart. They had to push it.

The major issues were beyond the CT Lemon Law. The best Chrysler would do is give me an extended warranty. It expired last month. I called Carvana. They picked it up and paid me. I couldn't in good conscience sell it to an individual.

What a POS!
The Italian diesel (eco diesel), that are in the grand Cherokee and Ram 1500, have had a dismal failure rate, mostly main bearings, and egr issues. Too bad, would have considered the 1/2 ton for the excellent fuel mileage. Have not heard of any failures with the newest version of eco diesels yet, too early I suppose.

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Well when you are buying a vehical bring a tub of vaseline set it on sales persons desk and say well I figured you guys dont want to lower your price enough I know I'm about to get screwed so I brought my own lube. I did that to a sales guy that sold me my current truck he bout died laughing and got me an extra 5000 off truck( and no he didn't screw me). But makes them think. And he will never forget that happening I'm sure I'm the only person to do that lol. My wife said you said what? Lmao

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
3) replaced more sensors
9) fix turbo leak
10) fix exhaust leak
11) more sensors

What a POS!
I've heard from a number of places that Fiat-Chrysler's quality is totally in the toilet concerning drive trains and now the Pugeot alliance will make it even worse.

Do they still use the Cummins diesel in the bigger trucks? Hope so because their eco diesel appears to be a bomb.

The old saying Mopar or no car applies... No car.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Whatever you do, don't get an Eco Boost engine. Get the bigger naturally aspirated V6. The Eco Boost is an Eco Bust and the bigger motor will get just as good as fuel mileage if you keep your foot out of it.. Don't like the GM shut half the motor off crap. Wife bought a Suburban LTZ and first thing I did was install a Range electronics delete module. I like the Burb, it's a bus on wheels. Still have my 1997 F350 4x4 crew cab diesel with the 7.3. Best diesel Ford ever had. Every year it appreciates in value. OBS trucks in nice shape demand high prices. Mine is in excellent condition.

802Driver

Equipment
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
I've heard from a number of places that Fiat-Chrysler's quality is totally in the toilet concerning drive trains and now the Pugeot alliance will make it even worse.

Do they still use the Cummins diesel in the bigger trucks? Hope so because their eco diesel appears to be a bomb.

The old saying Mopar or no car applies... No car.
The dodge line from 2500 and up all come with the cummins options, the emissions are the killer, (go figure)??
Take a perfectly running diesel and choke it out with emissions, mine is emission(less) and it turned over 200K miles and runs like new. Still have original injectors and turbo.(y)The only shitty thing about their diesels are the weak front ends, that's been addressed.:cool:

FUSE

Equipment
B3350-B2650-Z125s-KX008-Bobcat MT100-Case/Davis TF310
May 24, 2017
North Dakota
I own multiple makes of pickup trucks for my contracting business. Out of all of them our Toyota Tundra has hands down been the best, reliability wise we havent touched that thing. I'm a Ram guy, but the Tundra is simple and just works without any fuss.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The dodge line from 2500 and up all come with the cummins options, the emissions are the killer, (go figure)??
Take a perfectly running diesel and choke it out with emissions, mine is emission(less) and it turned over 200K miles and runs like new. Still have original injectors and turbo.(y)The only shitty thing about their diesels are the weak front ends, that's been addressed.:cool:
What transmission behind the Cummins? Hopefully the Allison but not being a Mopar fan, don't know.

Emissions are the killer on new Kubota tractors too. Way of the world today...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Just got another Chevy Silverado with the 6l80 trans and torque converter failure, 107,470 miles. That's 3 this week.
Bet the fluid and the filter was never changed either. I change all my slush boxes at 60K no matter what. Drop the pan change, not the half baked fluid flush crap the 10 minute oil change places do.

802Driver

Equipment
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
What transmission behind the Cummins? Hopefully the Allison but not being a Mopar fan, don't know.

Emissions are the killer on new Kubota tractors too. Way of the world today...
68RFE (6spd), dodge's factory trans, not sure if the Aisin was available for 09', that would have been my choice, but I take care of the one I have and don't pull anything ridiculous with it. My travel trailer is the heaviest at about 6500lbs. I have a shift tune which prevents fast shifting plus it firms up each shift, really helps.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have an 06 F250, the 6.0 has been just fine, runs like brand new. Eats 2 batteries about every 5 years. Wife has abused it pretty good pulling really heavy horse trailers and hay bales. She also doesn't mind sliding down hill and getting stuck, or hitting trees in the yard. I refuse to fix anything cosmetically, so it's beat to heck. Has a touch under 135K on the odometer. Just picked up a 2020 Ram 2500 with the Hemi a couple months ago, and that is now the horse trailer hauler. When it gets scratch, dinged and dented, it will stay that way. Paid 28,600 for the Ford, and quite a bit more for the ram, like 53K, and I got the Tradesman model. Can't imagine what a Longhorn or Limited would run.

View attachment 54183 View attachment 54184
What a land yacht...lol I had a Lance myself, Sold it, What a tank and you have a horse trailer and a car behind that. I feel for your transmission.