Changing BH92 bucket

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Is there an easy way to change the bucket on the BH92? I had to change the hydraulic thumb when I first got it because it was cracked and the dealer exchanged it but I had to take it off and put the new one on. Not really an easy job for a first time attempt, lining up the holes and getting the pins in, not to mention getting them out in the first place. I just bought a 12" bucket and the holes were rough and I had to clean them up with a sanding tube. Maybe someone with experience can post a video????

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I changed it out, but it requires to take pressure off the pins and it is awkward and heavy. I read elsewhere to use a floor jack to help, it did a little, but I had to drive the pins out with a wooden dowel. The 12" bucket was lighter than the 18" bucket, but still over 100 lbs. Not easy for an old man getting older. I tried putting a movers dolly under it, but the bucket dropped and the dolly went flying across the barn.

Boo

Equipment
MX5800; BH92, BB2572, Forks 3048
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
I just removed my 24" bucket to install a tooth ripper. Those big pins are a pain, so I used a 4X rivet gun to push them out (better if you have a 9X). An auto shop chisel gun just does not have enough punch. I would have hated to use just a punch and a hammer. It is enough pain that I would not do it on a whim.

It is tricky to unload the pin so it may be important to folks to pull the small pin first and let the weight of the bucket lay on the ground. I don't know of any way to take ALL the weight off the large pin, but it will come out. My dealer says that they just use a sledge hammer. I guess I am too old to feel like doing that.