chains saw fuel and bar oil holder

runrun338

Equipment
l3010 hts , jd 3520 e-hydro , 2004 gmc duramax 3500hd
Nov 1, 2015
north yarmouth
i have been pitting my saws between the rops and the back for my seat it works but not grate i put the oil and 2 stroke on the floor like seen in the pic

Attachments

Last edited:

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I like to keep the control platform clear of debris, it's all about safety

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You would be much smarter / safer to build a box off of the three point to carry all the tools. ;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
We have all done stuff like that in a pinch but really like NW said take a day and build a box for the 3pt you will be much safer, the saw will be safer and ya wont spill gas and oil all over the deck that gets really slick when it does,,, dont ask how I know this:rolleyes:

aeronutt

Equipment
Z725 Mower, MX5200 w/FEL, Stihl 660, assorted others...
Jan 7, 2016
Omaha NE
I've done a lot of forestry harvesting and the best tool carrier we used was a simple plywood platform with 2x6 boards nailed around the perimeter. The front of the platform had a small opening cut in the bottom of the 2x6 that slipped over the drawbar and the side 2x6s had holes drilled for a pin that connected to the 3pt bars. This gave the platform 3 points of support and plenty of space for saws, chains, gas cans, and skidder tongs. It could be easily removed in 20 seconds by one person for when we needed to use the drawbar for skidding out a log and best of all it was dirt cheap and fast to build. The only gotcha (and the reason I built two of them...) is that you need to not bump the 3pt control while it's installed. Sorry, no pics available.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
IDK, I just load up the FEL with a few chains (I leave them in a five gallon spackle pail with the hooks on the edge), the saw, gas can, bar oil, wedges, axe, ect. The FEL is on almost all the time. Only once so far did I forget it was full of stuff and I dumped it all in the dirt....:eek:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Sorry I'm wandering off the topic, but has anyone run across a safe way of carrying a metal pitchfork on their tractor?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry I'm wandering off the topic, but has anyone run across a safe way of carrying a metal pitchfork on their tractor?
First thing you want is to make sure of is that the fork tips can not stab you while transporting it ;), I would suggest stabbing it into some rubber say like one of the tractor tires, that way no one....Oh wait maybe that won't work.:rolleyes: :eek: :p :D

In this case I would say same applies as the gas cans and chain saws... a nice tool box and pipe tubes on a 3 point tool rack would work great.

Another option for those with loaders is to attach a pipe tube to the sides of the loader uprights and that holds shovels and pitch forks alike! :D

Last edited:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
william1,, I used to carry stuff in my fel too, untill I forgot one day and had the forks on. Went right into a brush pile , picked it up, moved it to the burn pile and dumped it.. A month or so later, I started looking for all my short hooks, snatch block and connectors. Couldn't find them. Another month later , I burnt the brush pile and found a lot of metal in the ashes,, all my stuff nice and rusted.

millsrv

Equipment
L2501 HST, LA525, BH77, Gannon Rollover Scraper, Titan Skid Steer Attach Forks
Nov 20, 2015
Placerville, CA
william1,, I used to carry stuff in my fel too, untill I forgot one day and had the forks on. Went right into a brush pile , picked it up, moved it to the burn pile and dumped it.. A month or so later, I started looking for all my short hooks, snatch block and connectors. Couldn't find them. Another month later , I burnt the brush pile and found a lot of metal in the ashes,, all my stuff nice and rusted.
Sound like something I would do:eek:

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
Sound like something I would do:eek:
I did. :D Didn't make it to the brush pile though, but my lopper handles had some new custom bends.:eek:

I built a carrier that fits into a vertical 2" receiver hitch. Initially it went on top of my homemade 3 point trailer hitch. Later I added a vertical tube to my box blade.

Attachments

Deaner70

Equipment
L3301, LA525 loader with QA, LAnd Pride RCR1860 hog
Aug 26, 2015
Shreve, OH
I put mine in the loader pipe on the front part of the loader and hook a bungee cord to it to hold it. Stays out of the way, but easy to reach!!

jeffgrand

Feb 25, 2016
monroe mi usa
I am new to the site & new to forums in general. Please forgive any misguided posts. I had an idea for a project but lack the design skills. I have searched high & low for something similar no luck. Closest i found was the "Big Too Rack"
http://www.bigtoolrack.com/
I thought a similar cart on wheels built to the size of my 6ft box blade. Able to roll it over to the mounted box blade pick it up with the box blade take to work area set it down & be able to use the blade as well.
I am looking to carry tools like rakes shovels chainsaw weed whip etc. also a flat top area for refueling & tinkering and such Any thoughts?

jeffgrand

Feb 25, 2016
monroe mi usa
RTGT

I like your design. I think the up facing hitch idea is great & would make a great connection for my cart. It could be rolled over box blade raised to intersect with the hitch.

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
RTGT

I like your design. I think the up facing hitch idea is great & would make a great connection for my cart. It could be rolled over box blade raised to intersect with the hitch.
Thanks.

I have two hitches on the box blade. One vertical for the basket, one horizontal to pull a trailer.

Here is a bolt on option that might help you connect a trailer.

Attachments

jeffgrand

Feb 25, 2016
monroe mi usa
I was giving it some more thought. I was thinking about cutting a truck bed in half removing the wheel well area weld back together. Make into a cart that can be rolled over to the box blade & picked up on a receiver like
rtgt