Can't remove mower blade - Suggestions???

orangetractor

Equipment
BX 2230, FEL, 60" Belly Mower
Jul 5, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I have an RCK60B mid-mount mower deck on my BX2230. I was able to easily remove the right side blade, sharpen and re-install. I cannot remove the left side blade. I got the bolt to break free by blocking the blade with a piece of 2x4 as per the manual. But now that I can't immobilize the unit by blocking the blade, the whole assembly rotates as I try to loosen the screw.

Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Andrew

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
My man we are talking an impact wrench:D.... mine is air powered and I don't have to block and hold anything.;)

The breaker bar and socket method with the block of wood stop beat up my hands so bad:eek: I said screw it.... and bought a pneumattic air wrench. :) Now I have sharp blades and happy knuckles:D

Butch

orangetractor

Equipment
Jul 5, 2010
Tyler, Texas
My man we are talking an impact wrench:D.... mine is air powered and I don't have to block and hold anything.;)

The breaker bar and socket method with the block of wood stop beat up my hands so bad:eek: I said screw it.... and bought a pneumattic air wrench. :) Now I have sharp blades and happy knuckles:D

Butch
Butch-

Appreciate the help. That is my next step. Can't wait for Saturday morning to get it done.

Andrew

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
You said it all Butch. Damn the wood. Wood is for either building or burning and knuckles always look and feel better with all the skin intact.

orangetractor

Equipment
Jul 5, 2010
Tyler, Texas

Butch
Well, took soaking over night with WD40 but the impact wrench got the job done(the wrench by itself couldn't initially do the trick). Turns out that the threads on both the bolt as well as in the hub were a mess. Got a 12mm x 1.25 tap and chased the threads in the hub. Got a new bolt form my Kubota dealer and all is like brand new.

Thanks again guys.
AB