Canopy leaning forward

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
I have a custom made canopy that's heavy. Tightening the bolts on the ROPS just doesn't do a good job of keeping the canopy level. Does anyone else have this problem or a possible solution? If I could find something to wedge in the hinge gap that would probably do the trick. I may have to make something.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
My oem Kubota canopy has some forward lean down. I dont hit my head. I figure I get a little more shade and/or a little more protection from rain if I’m in a middle of finishing a project. Mine doesnt sit outside but there would be no standing water either, just my 2 cents. There is a pic in my album.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Here's some pictures that may give you an idea of how to fix it. Adapt as required to fit your situation.

This canopy already had a hole in the front (actually on both sides, I just used one side) and I took a 3/8" rod, welded a bolt on one end up at about a 60 deg angel. I could then put that up through the existing hole in the canopy, install a flat washer, lock washer and a nut.

The rod then comes down at an angle and then welded a bolt at 90 degrees to fit into an existing hole on the ROPS. (It's the hole for the bolt when it's down) Put a flat washer, nut and drilled a hole in the bolt for a hair pin.

Attachments

bambam31

Equipment
L3800HST 4x4,R1,FEL, 6'disc, 5'bush hog,piranhaTB,6'grader,6'rake, 48"forks
Apr 3, 2014
Mobile, AL
I was able to pull my tractor home from the camp to do some maintenance this past week. After a closer inspection, my u-bolts were loose and causing the canopy to lean forward. I tightened them up and corrected the problem. The top part of my ROPS still leans forward and makes my canopy dip in the front a bit but I've decided to just live with it.

I'm always in a hurry to get home when I get finished at the camp. I just didn't take the time to properly assess the problem.

TRA

Equipment
B2601, LA434, BH70, LP BB1260
Dec 17, 2017
Rock Hill
The OEM canopy is pretty inexpensive i think. Might be worth the investment to avoid the hassles of what you have.