Can someone tell me if this clutch throw-out bearing is OK?

twomanyprojects

Equipment
L225
Mar 23, 2010
Carpinteria, CA, USA
When I push in the clutch on the L225, the engine will slow down a little. The shop manual does not mention grease, but the parts list shows a grease fitting on the side of the clutch release hub. When I look through the inspection port on the right side of the clutch housing, I don't see any fitting. (Unfortunately, the front end loader support also makes it difficult.)

If it had a grease fitting, is it lube the bearing, or just for the shaft going through the release hub.

right click on the attached picture - What is the deal with the angle between the bearing and the clutch assembly? This does not look correct. If that is a ball bearing, I have thought about just squirting some lube in there (keeping it off of the clutch disk of course.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Frank

Attachments

stanster

Jan 18, 2010
west unity, ohio
Frank, I have an older b6100 and the grease fitting in the bearing holder only greases the shaft..the fitting is between two seals in the bearing holder that only grease the output shaft. My bearing is pretty much sealed up. Looks like your bearing is toast in the picture, hard to tell but that looks like the race on the bearing is loose. You can check your parts diagram to be sure but Im pretty sure the bearing for your tractor is sealed. http://www.colemanequip.com/Kubota-L225-Tractors-Parts/CLUTCH-39774/CLUTCH-PEDAL-39789/?