BX80 Series Bucket Quick Coupler

WJ80

Apr 1, 2017
Corning,NY
Hello All
First post to this site. First have to say I appreciate all the great information found here and knowledge I have gained from the great folks on this forum.
After a lot of comparison shopping Kioti, JD, Massey Furgeson(sp?) I am ready to pull the trigger on a new BX2380 with the FEL and 54" standard deck.
My question, is the quick coupler (skid steer type) offered for the new 80 series worth the $500 up front cost. Plan would be to buy pallet forks eventually but if I went with Artillian pallet forks
1. Are they compatible with the quick coupler feature? E-mail into Artillian but no answer yet.
2. What other advantages are there with the quick coupler feature?
Appreciate any input/feedback

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
SSQA is 100% worth it in the long run, there are so many options that you can get for it.
All of my Tractors and Bobcats have SSQA and I have 10 different buckets and implements that I can use on them all. ;)

windzer

Equipment
Bx2370-1
Dec 8, 2015
Illinois usa
SSQA sure is handy but 99.9% of the implements that fit on it out there are to heavy to be useable so hopefully kubota or landpride will start making light weight things for it.

WJ80

Apr 1, 2017
Corning,NY
Windzer you kinda confirmed what I was thinking as well that most current attachments are to heavy. Occasional use of pallet forks would be by biggest user so $500 may be better used for other items.
Thanks for the input.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
There are some less expensive and less heavy options for forks. Bxpanded makes attachments designed for BX tractors. Land Pride also has a few attachments specifically for the BX. Some of the lower capacity clamp on bucket forks are light weight and low in price (try amazon or ebay). I built a set like this that I like and will probably post a picture next time I have them on the tractor: http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24020

rlcotter

Equipment
BX23S Cab;3pt Blade;HLA Snow Pusher;BX Armour;HLA Fork;Ratchet Rake, Snow Edge
Mar 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I just traded my 2370 for the 23S last week and should be delivered by the end of this coming week. I went with the QA and also ordered the HLA fork attachment. http://hlaattachments.com/ They have a light version for the BX models. I have the bxpanded forks from the 2370 that I will likely sell.

Good luck with your decision.

Best regards.

WJ80

Apr 1, 2017
Corning,NY
I just traded my 2370 for the 23S last week and should be delivered by the end of this coming week. I went with the QA and also ordered the HLA fork attachment. http://hlaattachments.com/ They have a light version for the BX models. I have the bxpanded forks from the 2370 that I will likely sell.

Good luck with your decision.

Best regards.
Thanks for the input. How do you like the bxexpanded forks? For all I need them for these could be an option for me.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL

rlcotter

Equipment
BX23S Cab;3pt Blade;HLA Snow Pusher;BX Armour;HLA Fork;Ratchet Rake, Snow Edge
Mar 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
For me, the bxpanded forks were "ok". The forks are in front of the bucket, and that reduces lift and the snap on clamps were problematic with adjustments needed frequently. For occasional use, especially for picking up brush (I have three forks), they worked pretty good. Picking up some heavier items, didn't go great. Depending on the use, they may offer reasonable service. I guess I will know which one I like better by the end of the week.

Best regards.