bx2750d Fan Replacement help

nick2010tundra

Equipment
BX25
Jul 18, 2015
Saint John, NB
Hey Fella bota'ers. I have 2 questions.

1. How do you take the fan ( Main auger out). I tried removing the bolts off the side auger and the gear box support. I know I am missing something here.
2. Can someone please post a picture of what part I need for the manual chute rotation that attaches to the tractor(2011 BX25 ), or a good alternative. I ordered a part from the dealer, but I don't think I have the right part

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Don't give up Nick, there are a couple folks around that have taken these apart that may log on. More details might help. And pictures. Is this a front mount blower?

nick2010tundra

Equipment
BX25
Jul 18, 2015
Saint John, NB
yeah its a front mount blower. I am trying to get the fan to come off the shaft. So I started by taking the side carrier bearings off and the gearbox support, as well as all sheer pins. I was assuming you could just slide the main fan off the shaft, but it doesn't seem to want to come. I also looked at the back where the gear reduction is and tried loosening the allen keys on the shaft, but nothing is giving. Any help would be great.
I wanna replace the fan as the blades are all bent from blowing rocks ( previous owner )

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
I believe you are going to have to slide the fan off the shaft from the pto side of the blower. This means loosening the auger supports from both sides of the auger housing, then moving on to the pto side. Take off the shields, remove the chain and the gear driving the fan shaft. Then, loosen the pinch collar on the bearing, or the allen bolt binding the bearing to the shaft. Remove the bearing and in my experience, removing the bearing usually means destroying it. Then the whole assembly will slide out of the snowblower from the auger side. Fan should slide of the shaft.
It sounds a lot easier than actually doing it, you always run into unexpected snags.
Good luck

JWool

Equipment
B2650HSDC FEL & Front Snow Blower, ZT-Z421, GL11000 Generator
Dec 29, 2013
Northern MI
I believe you are going to have to slide the fan off the shaft from the pto side of the blower. This means loosening the auger supports from both sides of the auger housing, then moving on to the pto side. Take off the shields, remove the chain and the gear driving the fan shaft. Then, loosen the pinch collar on the bearing, or the allen bolt binding the bearing to the shaft. Remove the bearing and in my experience, removing the bearing usually means destroying it. Then the whole assembly will slide out of the snowblower from the auger side. Fan should slide of the shaft.
It sounds a lot easier than actually doing it, you always run into unexpected snags.
Good luck
This is correct, I did mine last fall to replace seals on the auger.
I ended up replacing the bearing on the PTO side behind the chain because of challenges removing.