bx2750 Snow Blower Modified for Rear Use?

Fredmeyer

Equipment
Kubota BX
Oct 9, 2015
New England
I have a bx2750 blower for my 1870. I also have a front blade. Ideally I would have a rear pto blower and front blade.

Is there any hope of modifying the bx2750 blower to use on the rear 3pt/pto? Right off the bat I noticed that the PTO spline seems smaller on the blower. Is this idea crazy?

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
You might want to check rotation, I believe the mid PTO is CCW. Also RPM might be another factor, I don't know what it is. I know when I bought my BX2670 I was planning on using my snowblower from my Simplicity, but it turned CW and the Kubota is CCW.

Why would you want to have to look over your shoulder blowing snow? It only takes a few minutes to switch over.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You would have to remove the gear reduction box, make the three point mount, then get and attach PTO driveshaft.

Last edited:

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
To keep it simple, why not put the scraper blade on the back, and mount the snowblower on the front ? Much cheaper, and much easier thing to do. Worst case, sell the front mount blower, and buy a rear mount. You should be money ahead if you do that.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have a bx2750 blower for my 1870. I also have a front blade. Ideally I would have a rear pto blower and front blade.

Is there any hope of modifying the bx2750 blower to use on the rear 3pt/pto? Right off the bat I noticed that the PTO spline seems smaller on the blower. Is this idea crazy?
It has been done but.....
Far better to sell, trade your front blower and look for a 3 pt one.

There seems to be people looking for front mount units.

Clean it up, a bit of spray paint and you should have no problem selling.

Find a used 3 pt, post some pictures and you will get fast feedback.

The unit needs to have a high quality gearbox. Anything else is off the shelf stuff for repairs, chain, sprockets, pto....

I looked at your unit on the Messick's web site. It has the walk behind snow blower style gear box located between the two auger halves. 3 pt blowers will have a heavier duty gear box

With the fan on the input shaft to the gearbox, if there are direction of rotation issues they will be hard to solve.

There used to be blowers which could easily be altered to work on the front or back. This is an example of one of them.

Dave

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Around here, blowing snow can be a full time job and used to be for me but now I'm retired and I just sold my 7 foot Lucknow rear mount blower a few weeks ago.

Rear mounts work ok but I'd never run one with an open station tractor because I guarantee you'll get dusted plenty. oipen station equals a snowmobile suit and face mask and it's still a PITA.

I started with an open station and a smaller Landpride rear mount and got dusted regularly. Went to cab tractors and the dusting turned into loaded windows that even defrost could not keep up with. Granted, no dusting anymore but still a PITA visibility wise.

Don't do snow anymore, Hired the guy down the road to clear my drive and my rental drive, all winter, as many times as it take for 10 bucks a shot. Lots cheaper than doing it myself and the tractors can sleep in the barn until spring.

Been eying a 7 foot Western refitted with a quick detach plate and if I can get the guy to a reasonable figure I might buy it, but then again, I might not.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
After using a front mount snowblower, I wonder why you would want a 3 point set up! Keep the front and get a rear blade