BX2670 motor mount hitting frame

bdm300

Jul 4, 2014
mo
Bought a new BX2670 a couple months ago and love it. Got a fel, mmm and a 50" rev tine tiller but is primarily used for mowing 3 acres of mostly flat ground. But since new I have had a knocking/vibration sensation that could be felt throughout the tractor. Very noticeable. The times I feel it are when traversing alongside a hillside and making abrupt quick turns. The hillside is probably less than 15 degrees. I finally tracked down the spot that is causing the vibration/knocking issue. The bracket that bolts to the motor to the rubber mounts has a 1/4" tab welded to it and it sits perpendicular to the frame with about an 1/8" gap between the tab and frame. Its the same on both sides of motor. Well I've found that when I get on an angle or turn abruptly the motor shifts and that tab vibrates on the frame. No harm yet but very frustrating. I took to dealer to look at but didn't find anything obvious and have not heard any others doing this. They are waiting to hear back from the Kubota Techs. Sorry for the long story but curious if anyone else has heard of this before? From what I've gathered on the the web is that the older 26hp bx's would occasionally break the rubber motor mounts. So Kubota updated the mount by welding on these tabs keeping the motor harnessed better between the frame to prevent excessive motor movement breaking the mounts. So I get why they are there but hope its not something I have to live with on a $15,000 machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Bought a new BX2670 a couple months ago and love it. Got a fel, mmm and a 50" rev tine tiller but is primarily used for mowing 3 acres of mostly flat ground. But since new I have had a knocking/vibration sensation that could be felt throughout the tractor. Very noticeable. The times I feel it are when traversing alongside a hillside and making abrupt quick turns. The hillside is probably less than 15 degrees. I finally tracked down the spot that is causing the vibration/knocking issue. The bracket that bolts to the motor to the rubber mounts has a 1/4" tab welded to it and it sits perpendicular to the frame with about an 1/8" gap between the tab and frame. Its the same on both sides of motor. Well I've found that when I get on an angle or turn abruptly the motor shifts and that tab vibrates on the frame. No harm yet but very frustrating. I took to dealer to look at but didn't find anything obvious and have not heard any others doing this. They are waiting to hear back from the Kubota Techs. Sorry for the long story but curious if anyone else has heard of this before? From what I've gathered on the the web is that the older 26hp bx's would occasionally break the rubber motor mounts. So Kubota updated the mount by welding on these tabs keeping the motor harnessed better between the frame to prevent excessive motor movement breaking the mounts. So I get why they are there but hope its not something I have to live with on a $15,000 machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
I had an old car that did that ....same kinda problem.

Would it be possible to "place" a hard rubber piece in the 1/8 gap, much like a mini shock absorber? I have a generator that will walk across the floor when running, little rubber mounts on the motor mounts and it now sits still!

I know you dont want to mess with a new machine, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do for piece of mind!

bdm300

Jul 4, 2014
mo
Yeah I tried epoxying a piece of heavy rubber in there but couldn't get it to stay longer than 2-3 hours of mowing. But it did seem to mask the problem. I feel like if no one else is experiencing this, there must be a problem with mine.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Its new under warrenty call your dealer have them fix it!!!!

bdm300

Jul 4, 2014
mo
Yeah I took it to dealer last week but they couldn't find anything obvious. They're waiting to hear back from the Kubota Techs before they just start throwing parts at it and with it being holiday weekend, things are a little slow. I'm posting this to see if anyone else has seen this issue with there similar model kubota bx.

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
yes I have the Same Problem with my new 2670, told dealer about it and never heard anything back. will call again tomorrow, as it has been a couple Mo now.
I took 5/16 hose, cut it 1 1/2" long, split it up the center and used expoxy to hold it on the motor mount, couldn't deal with the sound.

bdm300

Jul 4, 2014
mo
That's what I did also. Seems the cover to annoying problem just hope the rubber isn't a permanent fix. It's almost like the rubber motor mounts aren't rigid enough. Wonder why they don't mount the motor solid to the frame like they do to the larger tractors? A B2320 motor is fixed! Hopefully my dealer will hear back from the corp techs this week.

james.cottrill

Equipment
bx2370
Sep 4, 2014
logan, OH
I have a brand new bx2370 that is doing the same thing. Dealer Came to house to look at it and did some checking with other dealers, they are going to bring some 3/8" Fuel line to slip over pieces that are hitting frame. This is only going to stop the noise. The rubber mounts are very soft rubber, This allows the motor, when on a hill or under torque, to twist letting the frame and pieces hit together which sounds like the rods are knocking. This is my two cents, the motor moves and causes the drive shaft to bind and cause the motor to shake. I put two pieces of fuel line between them and motor vibration comes through the frame. What is this going to fix? Nothing. Two tractors and not good. PS This unit is a trade assist deal from a BX1860 leaking front axle x 4 with 80/90 wt Oil. Rant over.

Last edited:

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
My dealer trimed the metal off the left motor mount, Placed Rubber over both sides and replaced the mounts to firmer rubber.

keithdaniel

Equipment
bx2370
Sep 28, 2014
Kannapolis, NC
I have the same issue with my 3 month old BX2370. I contributed the noise to the mowing deck. When I am mowing on a slope I would notice the noise but I thought it was the mowing deck shifting and causing a misalignment of the PTO. But this weekend I was pulling a broadcast seeder on the same slope (not mowing) and noticed the same sound. What I found was the noise is worse when the right side of the tractor is uphill. I will check with my dealer regarding this issue.

bdm300

Jul 4, 2014
mo
Corporate kubota finally got back with my dealer and issued a bulletin. Supposiably, there fix is too cut upto a 1/4" off each bracket for clearance on bx tractors with this issue. Kinda seems like a cheap fix, but then again the older bx's didn't even have that metal tab sticking off the motor mounts. So get with your dealer. I've got some pretty heavy rubber bolted in there now, but when it where's out I'll be cutting on mine. The right bracket is the only one that hits on mine but will trim equally on both sides.

5moons

Equipment
BX2660, L3240, RTV500
Oct 9, 2014
Harrison, Ohio
I have the same issue with my 2012 BX2660. Metal tabs hitting the side of the frame when on a grade. Worse on the left side of the tractor. Initially thought I had a broken motor mount. Dealer said the fix is to epoxy a piece of rubber tubing over the metal tabs. Cutting the tabs off does not seem like the proper fix, as they were placed there as a result of the motor moving too much and breaking the mounts on the older models. Would love to hear more on this.

bigfish

Equipment
Belly Mower and FEL
Mar 11, 2015
Tillamook Oregon
I have had the same problem since August. No response from Kubota representative that came out. A couple of things. The problem with older models was more severe where the fan could hit the radiator or cowl. So trimming up the tabs is dangerous since that is why they are there.

I just compared my tractor with another one from the dealer. On a side of a hill my tab hits the frame. The other tractor motor stays centered in the frame. Guess at this time is weak rubber mounts. We'll see if Kubota responds.

Doesn't appear Kubota does not want to resolve the issue with the tractors.

Attachments