BX2670 LA243 loader problems

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
I purchased a BX2670 last fall, and the loader worked great. When I took it off in the spring I had to pry the pin out of the left arm, but wasn't too difficult. I tried to put it back on today and just can't get it. I've watched several videos on line and it looks so simple, but I worked 4 hours today and just can't get both pins in. I took it completely off and looked at the frame work and it looks like the left frame is bent to me. Don't know how that would be possible but it sure looks like it. Tried to find the part on line but can't find a diagram anyplace. Anybody got a link for a parts diagram with part numbers for the LA243 loader?

Thanks Charlie.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
It may have been bent prior, so you may have to fit one side at a time, slightly skew to install, then push forwards to get the other side in, if it is bent and you don't have a fix for the alignment issue. Ideally a fix would be better once you ascertain what the problem is.

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
It may have been bent prior, so you may have to fit one side at a time, slightly skew to install, then push forwards to get the other side in, if it is bent and you don't have a fix for the alignment issue. Ideally a fix would be better once you ascertain what the problem is.
Thanks for the links. Looks like new left and right frames are $250.00 each.

My son-in-law came over, he's had a kubota for many years. The left loader frame is clearly bent, and I don't know how in the world they got that loader on the tractor. My son-in-law thinks they loosened the frame bolts to get the loader to drop down in the the bottom bracket and install the pin, then tighten up the bolts. He remembered we had to use a pry bar to remove the pin when we took it off. Then it made a big clunk when it released, but he said he just though it was sticking paint. I guess this is what ya get when buying used. I sure wish now that I would have had the dealer show me how to take the loader off and put it back on but I thought how hard can it be?

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
Well the dealer thinks I bent the frame installing the loader. He says if I didn't get both sides hooked up at the same time guys bend them all the time. BS, I did get it put back on but it wasn't easy nor like any videos show. I hooked up the left side then pulled the loader around where I could get the right side in. The pin just slides right in on the right side but needs persuasion on the left just like it did taking it off.

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
Turns out, it wasn't bent, but the C channel was welded in the frame crooked. Whom ever installed this loader knew it wasn't right and let it out anyways. The dealer gave me a new left frame and the loader now installs like it's supposed to. Really pisses me off though for him blaming me for bending it. He did give me the new frame so I guess that was pretty good of him since this was a used tractor. Hope the bugs are out of it now, cause I really like the machine.