BX2660 hydrostatic pedal problem

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
I was mowing in my yard and suddenly the hydrostatic pedal became inoperable like something came loose. I knew it wasn't the hydraulic system because the mid-mount mower and rear hydraulics still worked. After dragging out the mid-mount mower, I found a rod dangling that connects to the pedals. It has threads on the end so I'm thinking a nut came off, but I can't tell what the rod connects to. I've been trying to find a diagram that shows me where the rod goes. Also, I'd like to know what size nut fits on there. Does anyone have any information or link to a diagram that would help me?
Thanks.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Have seen a couple where the HST link came off. There's a nut that holds the link to the transmission arm and they don't put a lock nut on it, just a regular nut & lock washer. 5/16-24. Just falls off over time. It's kinda back between the hydraulic oil filter and the frame, tough to get in there. Remove the filter makes it easier; and for pete's sake put a lock nut on it if you can-which Kubota should've done, IMO. At the very least a flange nut.

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
Thanks for the reply. I found a diagram and saw the problem. They call it the speed adjustment rod and the nut came off where it attaches to the trunnion arm. On my way to get a nut and lock washer now. Thanks for the info, guys.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Probably too late but I doubt any thread on a Japanese built machine is US thread

Take the rod with you or take nuts off tractor to find one that fits and take that with you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Probably too late but I doubt any thread on a Japanese built machine is US thread

Take the rod with you or take nuts off tractor to find one that fits and take that with you

The wheel bolts, loader valve linkage, and hydro pedal linkage are SAE on BX models

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Well ok. That makes no sense but if it is then it is.

For an item to be imported into the USA, it has to meet certain specs or they may offer options that are different around the globe in other markets. If it is USA only, it may or may not be made or installed here.

For example, look at tire and wheel sizes used around the world.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Yep, assembled in Georga along with L's and RTV's.