BX2660 hydraulics

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
Should the hydraulics for the MMM and rear pto work separately? When I put a trailer on the rear and lower it, the MMM lowers all the way to the ground. This causes the wheels on the MMM to constantly be in touch with the ground and they are supposed to be slightly off the ground. Another example is if I were to run a bush hog on the rear, and took off the MMM, the arms that hold the MMM would lower and could get caught on something and bend.
Feedback is appreciated.

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
Additional information: I'm assuming, the manual doesn't say, the the position dial for the MMM should be pointed in the direction of an arrow with numbers are it. When I do this, I don't see any change in height of the MMM. When I tried to put TOP in that position, it never quite lines straight up. It's a little to the left or right of the arrow. Do I have a problem with the adjustment on my hydraulics?

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
If you raise the mmm up all the way, then adjust your dial to top, the mmm should stay up. It does run off the linkage to the 3 point. My indicator is also slightly off from the stops on the dial.

AshleyBS55

Equipment
L245DT 4WD
Sep 30, 2013
Palestine, WV, US
Is the indicator you're referring to a decal with an arrow and some numbers on it? I've done what you said and it still drops. I've also set the MMM on various heights and it appears to drop to the same level every time. Any thoughts?

uglyboy

Equipment
TG1860G
Mar 8, 2013
St. George, Ontario
There is an adjustment back on the 3PH on right side that adjusts how high the MMM links will raise the MMM. There is a tab on the frame just above where the right side lift link would contact and the air gap between the tab and the top of the lift link is where you measure for proper adjustment. I believe it's between 3/32's" & 1/4". If this gap is too wide then the lift links won't lift the MMM up high enough to turn the depth gauge to the "top" position. The adjustment proceedure is covered in the MMM owners manual.
I've also read where some folks have properly adjusted the lift link and still wasn't able to get the knob into the Top position and they ended up fileing off some of the shoulder on the depth gauge's Top cam position to gain the needed clearance.

Pete

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Imagine a spiral staircase. That's what the knob is attached to. There is a finger/stub sticking out over the steps that is hooked to the linkage to the mmm. As the mmm is lowered, that finger stops/sets on whatever stairstep is under it, 4 being the highest and 1 the lowest. Top means it will not come down at all but I';ve had 2 b x's and neither would hold in the top position untill I adjusted them. And yes, the 3ph is what raises the mmm, gravity takes it down.