BX25D Wheel spacers

dmignogno

Equipment
BX25D, Woods RB60 Backblade, loader forks, BX42S Chipper
Aug 5, 2013
Lincoln, DE
I was thinking of adding 2 inch wheel spacers to the rear wheels on my BX25D. Has anyone who has done this had any problems with clearance with the MMM. It looks like it might be close to the deck wheels. Thanks in advance for any info.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I was thinking of adding 2 inch wheel spacers to the rear wheels on my BX25D. Has anyone who has done this had any problems with clearance with the MMM. It looks like it might be close to the deck wheels. Thanks in advance for any info.
If you have 60" - 2" is the way to go......if you have 54".....will not work!

2" makes a hellva difference too - you'll feel it in your seat!

bro-tek and others make them - might think that they are $$ but - well worth every penny!;)

dmignogno

Equipment
BX25D, Woods RB60 Backblade, loader forks, BX42S Chipper
Aug 5, 2013
Lincoln, DE
If you have 60" - 2" is the way to go......if you have 54".....will not work!

2" makes a hellva difference too - you'll feel it in your seat!

bro-tek and others make them - might think that they are $$ but - well worth every penny!;)
Thanks Hokie. I do have a 60" so I will get them ordered Thanks

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Yep, we put 2" Bro Teks on both our BXs with 60" MMM and love them, good quality and easy to install.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Same here, 2" from Bro-tek and fluid. Huge difference with the spacers alone then a little better with the fluid. Don't do the fronts.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Kubota makes 1 3/8" spacers. Those are the ones I chose for my rears. I see lotsa guys go with 2" bro teks. I've never read of a problem. Since there doesn't appear to be any empirical data supporting either or, I stick with oem.

Some guys seem concerned with too much stress being put on the axles. If 2 inches is OK then why didn't kubota offer them at that size? Personally I'd rather play it safe.

I don't have any real before and after experience but my 2650 seems very stable even when traversing on the side of a hill. It seems like a logical investment.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Kubota makes 1 3/8" spacers. Those are the ones I chose for my rears. I see lotsa guys go with 2" bro teks. I've never read of a problem. Since there doesn't appear to be any empirical data supporting either or, I stick with oem.

Some guys seem concerned with too much stress being put on the axles. If 2 inches is OK then why didn't kubota offer them at that size? Personally I'd rather play it safe.

I don't have any real before and after experience but my 2650 seems very stable even when traversing on the side of a hill. It seems like a logical investment.
FYI each model is different and on a BX the 1 3/8" won't work with the 60 MMM, if you want spacers it is either 2" or you modify the rear wheels on the mower deck. Never a bad choice going OEM, I couldn't find any Kubota options for my BX though.

chucky79

Equipment
BX25D, B7100 Restoration project with a B219 loader and B670 backhoe
May 16, 2014
Ashland, KY
pretty sure my BX manual says not to use spacers on the BX or turn the wheels around either. I also know it says no liquid ballast is to be used on the bx25d when backhoe is installed. if spacers are approved then I would own a set...