BX25D- Heater installation for a cab

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Here are pics to give you an idea how a heater installation goes

Follow the "Curtis Cab", factory instructions, which are very good to get this job done. All parts purchased from "Curtis Cab".

1 removed the cowl from the front ( you could just remove the loader first)

2 drain the coolant from bolt on engine left side and radiator plug (very hard to get to , plus factory had clip turned the wrong way , did fix but was hard to do)

Attachments

Last edited:

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Here is how I routed my second hose

This was much easier than the factory going over the top of engine , which had to get past the oil filter.

so far no leaks , but I did put a covering over the hose to protect it.

Attachments

Pal03

Equipment
BX25D
Nov 14, 2013
Newfoundland
Thanks for this my heater arrived yesterday so this will become a weekend job for me. Mine is not the heater made for the bx25d so it didn't come with install directions this will be a handy reference

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
That looks much better and the boots over the pedals are a nice touch. You do nice work.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
alansz40,

Thank you.
Curtis Cab, gave the first location, but needed to move it to close up those holes. Will work on the hole under the seat next.

tj8hc

Equipment
BX2370-1
Feb 28, 2015
Worcester, MA
t33jetman,

I just installed the curtis heater in my new bx2370-1, and I have a question. The instructions say to bleed the air out of the coolant system, how exactly do I do that?

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
t33jetman,

I just installed the curtis heater in my new bx2370-1, and I have a question. The instructions say to bleed the air out of the coolant system, how exactly do I do that?
This is what I did, be it right or wrong , it worked for me these last two years.

Once heater is installed, fill coolant system, leave cap off coolant system , start tractor , turn on heater valve , cheack for heat, watch coolant level, if it drops, fill back up , and watch for level to drop again, re-fill as need, till level of coolant no longer drops. make sure tractor is running while doing this. Check temp Gage has two bars. If level holds steady after 15 to 20 minutes of running, shut off engine, in stall coolant cap.

After working my tractor hard , I alwasys check ALL fluid levels before I put it away so she is ready to go the next time i need her.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
This is what I did, be it right or wrong , it worked for me these last two years.

Once heater is installed, fill coolant system, leave cap off coolant system , start tractor , turn on heater valve , cheack for heat, watch coolant level, if it drops, fill back up , and watch for level to drop again, re-fill as need, till level of coolant no longer drops. make sure tractor is running while doing this. Check temp Gage has two bars.

After working my tractor hard , I alwasys check ALL fluid levels before I put it away so she is ready to go the next time i need her.

that is super nice:) ......almost would make me want some more cold weather and or snow.......if I had that !

ok - like it very much ----- not THAT much!:D:)