BX25D-Curtis Cab Install (All Steel)

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
I wanted it , so I got one so I can work all year round no matter what the weather is.

So this is how you start, and the instructions that come with it are perfect , just follow them and you will have no problems.

Pictures are worth a thousand words here.

Attachments

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Looks good I would love to have a cab. But my garage doors are a few inches to short. So I either have to put it 500 feet away in my container or leave it out in the elements.

Paulemar

Equipment
BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch, 60" front plow, 48" Phoenix rototiller.
Jan 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Very, very nice! If I installed one of those, unfortunately, I'd probably damage it within minutes. There are too many trees along the edges of our property that lean out just enough to catch the rollbar if I get too close. I've already spent a lot of hours cutting off low hanging branches so that they clear the rollbar, but removing leaning trees would take forever. That is one of the reasons I decided to get the front plow instead of the snowblower for the driveway. It's much faster but piles snow up on the downhill edge of the driveway. We have a 32" walk behind snowblower to take care of that, if necessary. Great job! I'm sure I will be wishing I had a cab like that when I'm plowing 30 MPH wind blown snow this Winter.

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I'm getting ready to go out side right now and shovel the driveway we got an inch last night and it 15degrees out with gusts making it feel like zero. I could leave it but if it melts then freezes its a 500 foot sloped ice rink into trees. Not enough for the tractor today . But still when it is would love a cab.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Gentleman, i feel for you.
Any tree or branch that would have been able to hit and damage my cab, is now Fire Wood in my wood burner. One day with the wife pulling me around in the wagon with my Orange chain Saw and all my problems went a way. You are in charge, so make things happen to make it work. I am just an I.T. guy and I did it so can you.

My cab clears my door my 1 1/2 inches, with the ROPS in the down posistion. If it did not clear I was going to take some air out of the rear tires to make it work. My garage is where i do all my maintenance so it had to fit for me.

I have a plow blade already that will work for the snow, but I am going to get all the attachments I want later , because that's how I roll, get what you want and don't care what other think , it's your toy.

No deep snow here, just cutting fire wood in my woods all the time (lost 25 lbs in two months so far)

I wanted this steel cab just to go in my woods and am glad I got it , it stands the test for me. I moved my hazard lights up higher inside the ROPS so they would not get hit in the woods.

The 20,000 btu heater works great for front windshield de-frost, and keeps me warm in those late nights I work in the woods.

Because of this cab, I have something to do everyday with no excuse not to do some work out side. The John Deer guys have come to check it out, so that is a big deal out here for me being the only Kubota.

Attachments

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Do I Read this right the rop will still fold with the cab installed, if so what is the height of the cab thanks.

From your picks it looks like it still folds and looking at the top of the cab I would be able to fit my rop is only 2in to tall. I'll stop by Curtis plow and see what they cost if its cheaper than the dealer. Thanks

Last edited:

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Looks great and thanks for the info just measured and I got 82ins so good to go. When you buy the cab was heater, lights , and wiper encluded in kit or they all extras. Also what's that attached under the grill guard ? I work in Worcester, Ma and that's where Curtis tractor makes some stuff and I'm stopping by this week and check them out. Thanks

Last edited:

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
For all the guys who say it is hot in the summer:

The doors are on jeep hinges and lift off in seconds and also the back wall lifts off also in seconds after unlatching it.

Now you have three sides off but the roof and front windsheild stay on.

The fan in the over head console is very helpful staying cool in the heat, and the cd/radio will give you music to work by.

Yes you do need ear protection for the noise level. Unless you go ahead and put sound deadening material under the engine hood and all over the inside of the cab.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rej

Equipment
BX25, Curtis Cab, Pronovost Snowblower
Jan 9, 2013
Chicoutimi, Qc, Canada
This is my cab (Curtis Cab, soft Side) on BX25 with heater.

So, TT33JETMAN , where have you bought your roof console?

I like it, very nice job !!

Attachments

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Rej,

The over head console comes from Curtis Cab.

You can check their web site for it and all the add on's.

I ordered mine the same time I ordered the tractor and cab.

You have a nice BX too, with that box blade on the front.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Very nice work. I have only one question. How do you use the BH with the cab on?

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Kubota Man,

Curtis Cab , made the back wall with two handles and two latches on the inside. You just unlatch the inside, go outside in the back and lift the wall off and rotate your seat around and start using your backhoe.

One person can lift this off and put it back on with no problem. You can get an optional rear window wiper if you want one. When the roof tilts up (for taller guys) the console is still operating , so the music stays on.

Here are some pics to give the idea what is happening

Last is the Brochure that I got my idea for this tractor, that started it all.

Attachments

Last edited: