BX25D Backhoe Hydraulic leak

Molly Hatchet

Equipment
BX25D
Feb 13, 2017
WALNUT CREEK
Hi,

New to this forum and this equipment. I just bought a BX25D new. I've put only 25 hours on it and the backhoe controls have developed a hydraulic leak around the control valves. Took it back to the dealer, got it back yesterday and it had the same leak in the same place. I'm taking it back to the dealer this week. Just wondering if anyone here has had a similar problem? Advice? Comments? Thanks in advance, any information would be appreciated.

--Joe

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Hi,

New to this forum and this equipment. I just bought a BX25D new. I've put only 25 hours on it and the backhoe controls have developed a hydraulic leak around the control valves. Took it back to the dealer, got it back yesterday and it had the same leak in the same place. I'm taking it back to the dealer this week. Just wondering if anyone here has had a similar problem? Advice? Comments? Thanks in advance, any information would be appreciated.

--Joe

My new BX25D also leaked fluid from the BH. My dealer came and picked it up, fixed it, and brought it back within 72 hours. I think I remember them saying it was a loose fitting at the control valve. About 4 weeks later and no more leaking. Keep bugging your dealer until they get it right. Ridiculous they gave it back to you without fixing. They probably just tightened the fitting rather than replacing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi,

--Joe
Joe,

AS JK said - make the dealer earn his keep.

That machine should be problem free for years - barring human error, I would make it clear to the "manager" that this is the second time the SAME problem is being fixed. Everyone is human, but to error twice on the exact same thing is not human, rather PPP.......piss poor planning!;)