BX25 trailer size

tomkellyiii

Equipment
bx25
Jul 7, 2013
Portland Oregono
Here are the most recent federal standards for strapping down. Equipment less than 10000 lbs follow the general rule. Notice the number of g's in each direction you must plan for. This is not a lot of force fellow. The 80 or 90g's to a dead stop at 30mph is a ridiculous calculation to consider. Here are the rules. If the tractor was over 10000 lbs the buckets and payloaders need to be down. Under 10k, it is treated like s car or a lawnmower. Enough said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I am not trying to be contrary either.
But... ;)

What you are saying does not match with my interpretation of the Federal Standards (see previous post). 1) You CAN use the sum of the individual tie downs to derive an aggregate WLL. In fact, you are required to do so.
2) There is nothing in the standard that says you cannot use straps for a small tractor as described by the OP. The standards for heavy equipment (>10,000 lbs) are a little different, but for small tractors there is no such prohibition against synthetic webbing.

Safe and legal does not necessarily mean everyone has to use chains on every load.
Anecdotes and conjecture are no substitute for first-hand knowledge of the local, state, and federal laws.
If he has a strap at each corner, the two that are on the end of the tractor that moves forward will do nothing. Only the two on the end of the tractor holding it from moving in the direction of the force will hold anything. Two will be useless.

DanDan

Equipment
BX1860, L2600DT
Sep 21, 2012
SoCal
If he has a strap at each corner, the two that are on the end of the tractor that moves forward will do nothing. Only the two on the end of the tractor holding it from moving in the direction of the force will hold anything. Two will be useless.
Chains won't change that.

"everything you need to know about physics:
1) F = M*A
2) you can't push on a rope"

G-Man

Equipment
B7500, ZD221
Jul 27, 2012
Excelsior, AR
I have a B7500 (which bigger then the BX)with FEL and when I have the bush hog attached then all fits nicely on my Texas Braggs 16' trailer. The trailer is equipped with trailer brakes.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
"OVERKILL IS UNDER RATED"
Use a bigger, heavier and more solid trailer than you need, buy good tires, good straps or chains, get a real hitch and heavy shank ball. What is your life worth, or the lives of the innocent person you may run over?

Last edited: