Bx25 hst fluid and filter fluid level question.

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
Was noticing how my BX seems a bit slow and watched a short Paul Short video (yep he did do a video in under 3 minutes duration). He showed that there is a bolt on the pedal linkage at the transmission Tha gets loose. Sure enough my nut was missing. So to replace the nut I have to squeeze my hand between the hst filter and the frame. Not enough room. I still got lots of time on my hst fluid so I was wondering how much fluid would I loose if I were to remove the hst filter to put the bolt on the linkage and then re-install the filter.

Sent from my Z850 using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
To change the filter is one thing, you'll loose maybe a 1/2 cup of fluid, maybe not that, HOWEVER, to leave off and tighten bolt? I could not speculate.

When you change the filter - have everything ready and it is fairly simple.

Post that video link - I'd like to see it.;):)

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
So if I tip the front end up I can remove the filter without draining the fluid and only loose about a cup while I put the nut on the linkage with some threadlocker and lock washer?

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
Yes, I too would like to see the video but the link given does not work for me? Never mind - got it.

Last edited:

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Southern you dont need to tip up the front. Just pull the filter, replace nut. Like others said you would only lose about a cup of fluid. I change that filter yearly along with the engine oil change.

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
Thanks all. Thought I would give the duct tape trick per scdeerslayer mentioned first, before pulling the filter. Low and behold the nut threaded first try. Thanks all.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
I usually use electrical tape - it's easier to pull off once you get it started and less residue - but I wrap the tape all the way around and cut out a hole for the bolt. I can see if you don't wrap the tape all the way around that duct tape would work better though, if that's how you did it. Also I have electrical tape stashed everywhere, and most of the time I'd probably have to search for duct tape.