BX25 Backhoe Hydraulic Connections

Eben Creaser

Equipment
BX25
May 1, 2024
Eastern Canada
Has anyone utilized the backhoe hydraulic connections on their BX25 for a third function valve. If yes can you provide some details on the valve you used (model, where purchased), and how the connections were made. I use my tractor a lot without the BH and think that the hose connections for the hoe would work for a third function. I think I’d need an open centre valve but unsure if I’d need to connect a “power beyond“ or can you connect the tank connection on the valve to the connection that the pressure supply hose is attached to when the BH is not on the tractor? Any insight/advice welcome.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Has anyone utilized the backhoe hydraulic connections on their BX25 for a third function valve. If yes can you provide some details on the valve you used (model, where purchased), and how the connections were made. I use my tractor a lot without the BH and think that the hose connections for the hoe would work for a third function. I think I’d need an open centre valve but unsure if I’d need to connect a “power beyond“ or can you connect the tank connection on the valve to the connection that the pressure supply hose is attached to when the BH is not on the tractor? Any insight/advice welcome.
You need a valve with power beyond. Just add it permanently to the circuit and leave the backhoe outlets alone. I assume you want thec3rd function valve up front with the loader valve.

Dan