BX24 Handles on Side of Fender will not come off.

cswensen

Equipment
Bx24
May 4, 2024
Dayton, Ohio
Hello:

I'm a new member and have a 2008 BX 24 that has developed a hydraulic leak caused by a mouse ...but this is not the problem. To get the leak I have to remove the rear "plastic" fender and this is NOT going well at all. The two grey plastic handles, on the sides of the drivers position will not come off. The bolts (14mm) will turn hard right and left but will not loosen. I believe the plastic handles have a metal insert that has some how been stripped out. I purchased this unit new, and they have never been off before. How can I get these off? Any ideas, I need some help. Thanks in advance.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Making sure this is what you are talking about:

1714822261632.png

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
85H beat me.... 4 bolts/screws hold handle #040 on. If they just spin and don't come out,use an angle grinder and carefully grind off the heads. Obviously tire has to be off, watch for sparks and wear goggles !!

Reactions: 1 user

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Use a small rotary cutter, like a Dremel... and cut the nuts or screw heads off.

cswensen

Equipment
Bx24
May 4, 2024
Dayton, Ohio
Use a small rotary cutter, like a Dremel... and cut the nuts or screw heads off.
Thanks for the advice. I was able to see one of he handles was a bit raised. I put a screwdriver under the handle and was able to raise it up off of the bolt... then I did it the other side... with a bit more effort. They are held into the handle with a barbed sleeve. The bolts had were rusted a bit in the sleeve ( I have no idea how this happened the tractor is kept in a barn and only a bit over 400 hours) but I could remove them with vice grips and a wrench. I think when I put it back together I'll just be carful and put a bit of glue on it and slip them back in. Thanks so much for your help. I found the leak...it's a small tube on top of the transmission that almost looks like a vent tube. The mouse chewed right through it.