BX23S - Suspension Seat

EEBTTF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jan 3, 2021
GA
Hello - New member here with a new tractor. I traded my BX2370 in last week on a BX23S. I needed the backhoe for some landscaping/irrigation projects. I installed a Grammer suspension seat on my 2370 and it was a gamechanger in terms of comfort for my bad back. I do not have the new tractor yet, but I am assuming the factory seat will not be a suspension seat. I have researched and can't find a Grammer or other brand suspension seat that will work with the rotating bracket on the BX23s.

Hoping someone here will have a solution. Thanks and Happy New Year

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I've had mine for 2.5 years, 400hrs on it...seat is comfortable however...
when you go to remove the seat ( 1 pin,slides to right...) be CAREFUL !! dang thing weighs 70-80#s and is awkward !! Found that out past 3 days having to remove everything to get the 'plugged' fueltank out.
have a look at kubota parts to see how the seat is attached to the rotating mechanism...

Reactions: 1 user

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Hello - New member here with a new tractor. I traded my BX2370 in last week on a BX23S. I needed the backhoe for some landscaping/irrigation projects. I installed a Grammer suspension seat on my 2370 and it was a gamechanger in terms of comfort for my bad back. I do not have the new tractor yet, but I am assuming the factory seat will not be a suspension seat. I have researched and can't find a Grammer or other brand suspension seat that will work with the rotating bracket on the BX23s.

Hoping someone here will have a solution. Thanks and Happy New Year
Cant your dealer just swap the seats?

EDIT:
Whoops i see you bought a BX23s. Special seat on those. My BX23s is a 2017, seat seems pretty good to me.

Dinosaur

Equipment
BX23s
May 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Cant your dealer just swap the seats?

EDIT:
Whoops i see you bought a BX23s. Special seat on those. My BX23s is a 2017, seat seems pretty good to me.
Did you ever find a beter seat for your Bx23s....I have the same problem...the ride Is terrible

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Did you ever find a beter seat for your Bx23s....I have the same problem...the ride Is terrible
No sir, i didnt. At this time, i have no plans to do anything different with it. It is what it is.

Though i do agree, the BX seats are not great at all, but it`ll have to do, for me. I`m not about to spend hundreds of dollars trying to find the magic comfort on my sub-compact tractor. I`m not on the tractor every day, so i`m ok with what came on the tractor vs trying to make it better. Do i like the seat? Nope, not at all! But to just throw money at it that i can`t afford to do, just doesn`t make good sense to me.

The BX23s has a special seat as i said earlier (due to it being a swivel seat for the backhoe option), so that makes it even harder to replace it on the BX23s tractors and still have it work like the original seat that was designed for it. I`m sure there are some kind of seat`s out there that would likely be better, but at what cost and modification do we go to get there.

If i were making a living with this tractor, i would likely find a way to change the seat. I dont know, maybe BX owners could take their seat to a upholstery shop and have the foam changed to make it softer? At least you wouldn`t lose the main frame of the seat anyway if you only changed the interior foam to soften it. I have no other ideas other than that.

In the winter time, that is when these seats are their worst, in my own opinion. Due to the extreme cold, they are very stiff. Hate it, yes, but i wear extra clothing in the winter when i`m plowing/removing snow, so that helps a little with the butt comfort, lol.

Hopefully, KUBOTA CORP is listening! Best of luck to you Dinosaur

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
my 2020 23s seat is great. armrest, it slides forward and backwards, can recline.. its a nicer seat than my truck has lol