BX23S PTO not engaging

RJMcEachern

Equipment
BX23S
Apr 1, 2024
Central Illinois
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2019 BX23S with the PTO not working. I did some "internet research" and found a couple of common issues that might be the problem, it wasn't.

The problem I am having is the mid mount and rear mount PTO does not work at all. I don't even get the faintest movement from either PTO when trying to engage it with the lever.

I changed the hydro fluid, filter and cleaned the screen when I first got it. The screen had some red fiber looking stuff ( I kept it on some blue shop rags) that looks like either filter material or red shop rag material. I have cleaned the PTO valve that is semi hidden behind the frame plate that the lever connects to, blew shop air through it and it is clean and free. The screen was pulled a second time after about 10 hours of use and no RTV or red fiber material is present, it is clean and clear. When I engage the PTO lever and am not sitting in the seat it shuts the unit off, so I think the safety switch for the lever and seat are functioning as expected.

I am currently waiting on the WSM to arrive so I can further troubleshoot this. The unit drives and FEL and BH work very well, just would like to have the MM PTO and Rear PTO working.

Any ideas? Thanks for any input and assistance.

yorkies77

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2019 BX23S with the PTO not working. I did some "internet research" and found a couple of common issues that might be the problem, it wasn't.

The problem I am having is the mid mount and rear mount PTO does not work at all. I don't even get the faintest movement from either PTO when trying to engage it with the lever.

I changed the hydro fluid, filter and cleaned the screen when I first got it. The screen had some red fiber looking stuff ( I kept it on some blue shop rags) that looks like either filter material or red shop rag material. I have cleaned the PTO valve that is semi hidden behind the frame plate that the lever connects to, blew shop air through it and it is clean and free. The screen was pulled a second time after about 10 hours of use and no RTV or red fiber material is present, it is clean and clear. When I engage the PTO lever and am not sitting in the seat it shuts the unit off, so I think the safety switch for the lever and seat are functioning as expected.

I am currently waiting on the WSM to arrive so I can further troubleshoot this. The unit drives and FEL and BH work very well, just would like to have the MM PTO and Rear PTO working.

I had the same thing happen to mine and took it to the dealer to fix. They had to take the hst apart. there was a chunk of case sealer jamed in the pto valve that prevented it from working. I was blowing snow with it when it just stopped working. Thankfully mine was still under warranty.

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
Hello,

The Bx23S manuals appear to be available for free download here

Reactions: 1 user

RJMcEachern

Equipment
BX23S
Apr 1, 2024
Central Illinois
The Bx23S manuals appear to be available for free download here
Yes I did find them and am thinking that since I already checked the valve and it was clean, the screen was dirty and cleaned by me, fluid changed my next course of action is to remove the transaxle and go through the PTO 🤬, debating on doing that or using the FEL and BH to finish some smaller projects before I tackle that. If anyone has any other suggestions short of pulling it for me to try I'm all ears

Thanks!