BX23S Loader Valve Leaking

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My loader valve has started leaking, and I read all the rest of the sad tales of woe where people have swapped the Kubota system for individual quick connects, etc. I decided to call my selling dealer to see what the present status of the problem resolution was. I was first informed that my tractor was out of warranty, and then this morning I got a call from the fellow who deals with warranty issues and was told that Kubota was extending the warranty on the loader valve for 5 years from the delivery date. They are sending me new parts to install since I don't want to trailer the tractor back to them for the service. The new part has been redesigned to resolve these leaking problems. I will update this post with pictures of the new part(s) when they arrive.

Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
My loader valve has started leaking, and I read all the rest of the sad tales of woe where people have swapped the Kubota system for individual quick connects, etc. I decided to call my selling dealer to see what the present status of the problem resolution was. I was first informed that my tractor was out of warranty, and then this morning I got a call from the fellow who deals with warranty issues and was told that Kubota was extending the warranty on the loader valve for 5 years from the delivery date. They are sending me new parts to install since I don't want to trailer the tractor back to them for the service. The new part has been redesigned to resolve these leaking problems. I will update this post with pictures of the new part(s) when they arrive.
Is it really the valve or is it the quick connect coupler manifold?

Dan

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT

Dan
I believe that the dealer is sending the quick connect coupler manifold. He only told me that it was redesigned and has a ring on it, but not being familiar with it I will have to wait to see exactly what it is.

Reactions: 1 user

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Just curious, have you removed the loader in the past? Have read many threads talking about this issue so I decided my loader will never come off. How many hours are on your tractor?

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock

Dan
In my experience on my 2017

I found that the manifold itself did not sit 100% flush.....
and the locking mechanism did not put pull pressure on the 2 manifold mating pieces... evenly.

To sum up, It's a sh*tty design.

I went with individual pioneer connectors and never looked back.... no leaks. no issues.

Best of luck with the "new improved" manifold.

but personally, I'm very skeptical. crap is crap.

Look forward to the update...

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
In my experience on my 2017

I found that the manifold itself did not sit 100% flush.....
and the locking mechanism did not put pull pressure on the 2 manifold mating pieces... evenly.

To sum up, It's a sh*tty design.

I went with individual pioneer connectors and never looked back.... no leaks. no issues.

Best of luck with the "new improved" manifold.

but personally, I'm very skeptical. crap is crap.

Look forward to the update...
No need to wish me luck - I dont own a BX 😂

Dan

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Just curious, have you removed the loader in the past? Have read many threads talking about this issue so I decided my loader will never come off. How many hours are on your tractor?
I have had my loader off many times. My hours are about 170. I took the loader off yesterday and rehooked the lines after cleaning with brake cleaner. It hasn't leaked since. I told this to the dealer representative, and he responded that if it leaked once it would leak again, and that the part needed to be replaced.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The new manifolds do not leak, we have replaced a couple dozen of them.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Yes... we need pics and/or schematics, plz.

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
The new manifolds do not leak, we have replaced a couple dozen of them.
When did Kubota start using the "new" manifolds? Would my late '21 BX2380 have the new one?

GibbyESS9

Equipment
2020 Bx23s,BX2672 plow, Titan Forks, Land Pride 48” BB, FEL, Bestco Flail mower
Sep 30, 2020
Blue Point NY / Newfoundland PA
So having a BX23S also, I have had my loader off once or twice. No leaks yet but only have about 72 hours on the tractor. Its at my vacation property.
First tractor also, do they do anything like service bulletins? It could be a potential problem for me, but what if its past the five years? Hmmmmm. Its a 2020.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
So having a BX23S also, I have had my loader off once or twice. No leaks yet but only have about 72 hours on the tractor. Its at my vacation property.
First tractor also, do they do anything like service bulletins? It could be a potential problem for me, but what if its past the five years? Hmmmmm. Its a 2020.
The best thing to do is to call your selling dealer and ask about having it done. Mine never leaked until this past month. Took the coupling off and reinstalled it, and the problem was gone. My dealer said to do the upgrade because the leak will come back. I will post to this thread when I receive the parts.
A friend of mine also has a BX23S and bought his before I got mine. Since I have bought parts from his selling dealer and am waiting for a part I spoke to the Parts Manager this morning who looked up the service bulletin. Said it had nothing about time constraints, but there were 3 different parts to the modification. He also said to book the repair through the service department so they could have the necessary parts ready for when the tractor comes in for the service. Unlike my dealer, who is sending me the part or parts for me to install on my own. My dealer only wanted the Serial number of my tractor, however, the other dealer said that they needed the loader serial number. I think that there is a lot of service time involved with the modification, and his dealer doesn't want to lose that income. My dealer on the other hand has an extremely busy service department and is glad that I don't want to bring it in for the service.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My new part arrived today by UPS. It is part #7J627-85010. I looked up the cost on Messicks and the part price is $216.25. It is just the lower part of the loader's hydraulic connection.
MVC-014L.JPG
MVC-015L.JPG

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Hmmm... from memory it doesn't look any different than the one I already have, circa 2017.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I always wanted the quick manifold for my B2601, I held off buying waiting for the new model. They never implemented that manifold in NZ, apparently NZers wouldn't be wiling to part with the extra $200 or whatever it put on their unit price. So I didn't get it. Even with the issues people talk about, I wish I had it. The pioneer couplers are just a bit fiddly, and they're sort of in behind the loader (although I guess that stops them getting damaged). Every time I take the loader on and off I have to squish up the right hand side of it, and my shed isn't big.

If they have that manifold working reliably then it is well worth having in my mind.