BX23S/BX25D Purchase Advice - Huntsville TX

ScharpeStGuy

Equipment
L225DT / T1460
Apr 22, 2012
Huntsville, TX
Hello All,

Am a member on other forums for other equipment and I like to support the guys that support the forums, are there any dealers/reps here that could provide me pricing on a BX23/25? Would like to get this finished prior to end of year for the Section 179 benefits.

I have a small land investment business requiring a machine for land maintenance, clearing, pushing/pulling/moving, etc.. and I think the BX series with a backhoe would be a good fit. I really enjoy the Paul Short video's of his BX25D and Swiss Army Kubota BX25D (hats off to you sir and hope your recovering well).

I stopped in at the Kubota dealer in Livingston TX and they quoted me $19,2xx for a BX23S with the FEL and Backhoe (standard) but nothing else such as loaded tires, blades, 3rd functions, etc.... Seems like from reading some other posts on here that I could do better? Landsdowne Moody in Conroe via a telephone call quoted $19,300 for the same with no extras.

Thoughts? Any one I should contact perhaps Jason at Normangee?

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you all.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Don't be afraid to let your fingers do the walking if you aren't concerned about dealer support/proximity. The deal I went with was $1,300 lower for the new machine and they added another 2K on my trade. That was a $3,300 swing to my favor. That was no haggling at all. Plain and simple.

I got emailed quotes from 5 nearby dealers without even going there, but, you have to know what you want. Be specific on model/features that you want them to quote. Also, ask when they can deliver (in stock or have to order) and let them know that you are serious (if you are) and when you are pulling the trigger.

It's rather simple.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
We do have a couple of people in the loop here - a few that work at Kubota dealerships, or use to.

Pricing will vary as you move around.....the same thing in Montana might be more expensive than down in Georgia - simply because of demand and population. SO getting a price 1000 miles away will really not be fair to you to try to match locally.

My 2 cents.......the 23S has a few more "neat add ons" than the 25D.....

IF you can get the 23 within 300-400 bucks of the 25D - go that route. I have a 25D - love it almost as much as my wife.....ok that was a lie.....

But the 23S is a not better equipped - but the FEL comes off easier, as does the hoe and a few more goodies that make it a little better in the end run.

As for the price - that seems to be a good price based on what I have seen and heard. I WOULD think for 20 K - that dealer would load your tires, those rears do not hold a hellva lot to begin with ....I would def get that for free! As for the other things you want, work that INTO the price....there should be discounts on all of that combined....and all at 0%

Cash will be less, however - if you get 0% that is hard to beat, and from a cash discount, the 0% is still better UNLESS something tax wise allows for it not to be.

Another thing - a would not walk away from my "local" dealer for a 100 bucks or so, now if they wanna play hard ball, then so be it - but you will need that relationship with them at some point.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I have the Bx25D and love it. With that said the new Bx23S is the future, big changes!! With the quick attach, it may not lift as much but these new Bx..80 series is a whole configuration. I feel mine is being obselete. New implements are now being made for the new ....80 series, and maynot be interchangeable. So if a few bucks is the difference, the new series is the way to go......

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I went from a B to the BX23S. Prefer the loader joystick location. The SSQA is great for going from the bucket to a snowpusher. The 80 series dash is much nicer than the previous gens. Quick park loader is sweet. Id rather Id gotten the 16" backhoe bucket than the 12".

19,800 for TLB, 3pt kit and 60" mmm. Barlows in KY.