BX23S / BX2380 headlight pigtail

2 Bears

Feb 27, 2018
PA
I am slowly working on picking out/installing work lights on my BX and i am thinking a low mounted light on the front of the frame would be nice as the headlights only brighten the back of the bucket and loader frame, maybe ROPS lights are the answer but i am looking for a pigtail to splice into the headlights without cutting the factory wiring i have found a few that appear that they would work but i would have to order them and i was curious if anyone had firsthand experience and could save me mailing a few mistakes back.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Wouldn't lights mounted low on the frame also only place light on the back of the bucket and have the potential of getting hung up on something?
There are wires available at the rear of the machine for adding ROPS lights. This doesn't actually answer your question but may help if you were unaware of them.
Good luck!
maxresdefault.jpg

2 Bears

Feb 27, 2018
PA
Wouldn't lights mounted low on the frame also only place light on the back of the bucket and have the potential of getting hung up on something?

Somewhat, with much of my yards grade i find either the loader crossmember or bucket is directly infront of the lights. My thought was low on the frame, yes i would have to fab a guard, should put light under the bucket and more importantly on whatever is infront of the front tires before the crunch.

2 Bears

Feb 27, 2018
PA
Those ROPS lights wires are keyed as well. Could just run your wires and a switch to them.

Of the wires shown one is always hot the other is always on with the key. Obviously third is the ground.

There is also a Red/Blue wire above the battery that according to my understanding of the wiring diagram is also always on with the key, same circuit as the one on the rear. I have not got a chance to verify this yet.

I was wanting one that was only on with the lights, and therefore no need for another switch.