BX2380 Front end loader issue

BWolf

Equipment
BX2380
Apr 24, 2024
I have a BX2380 and I took the loader off to mow and put it back on. This is the fourth time of removing. I admit it is a bit tricky and is take some finesse, which I don't have. Any way the boss pins are in place the latches are secured. But the loader stand wont latch when I raise and roll the bucket. See photo. The stand lever won't engage far enough to catch the stand. It would seem like something was bent are something but i have gone over it and cant figure out why or what has gone wrong. I went and talked to the Kubota dealer and he suggested some adjustment but I can't see what I could adjust. Anybody else have this issue? The maintenance manual has a section on adjustment but is hard to decipher.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am assuming that you have the loader locked onto the tractor, and are having difficulty with the parking stand. If this is a correct assumption, level the bucket and then put the loader all the way up and the stand should fold into place. Sometimes you might have to lift it a small amount to get it to lock in place.

BWolf

Equipment
BX2380
Apr 24, 2024
I am assuming that you have the loader locked onto the tractor, and are having difficulty with the parking stand. If this is a correct assumption, level the bucket and then put the loader all the way up and the stand should fold into place. Sometimes you might have to lift it a small amount to get it to lock in place.
Yes the loader is locked into place. And I have lifted up and rolled the bucket forward and the stand folds into place, but the latch does engage far enough to catch the stand and hold it up.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Have you moved the lock lever into the locked position? I don't know of any adjustments to the holding mechanism.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm... I've always manually 'held and locked' then on the 5th try it 'magically' held.
It's probably one of those 'hold your tongue right' things.....
...and of course practice 1,000 times.. a least 2 or 3 will be 'automatically ..it worked ! ' moments.

BWolf

Equipment
BX2380
Apr 24, 2024
Have you moved the lock lever into the locked position? I don't know of any adjustments to the holding mechanism.
Yea, the picture I included shows the lever in the locked position but it just does not reach the stand. It doesn't look like there are any adjustments. It has me stumped.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
There is an adjustment to correct that. However, be careful not to over extend the adjustment bolts or you are really going to bend something. Somehow, I know. Make sure the lock nuts are tight when you are done.

Attachments

Meadowbank Kubota

Equipment
BX1880 with an LA344s
Aug 23, 2021
Cornwall, PE
I experienced the same issue last year. The photo in your post looks like what I saw. The adjustment did not help. I had bent the loader stand when I took it off on uneven ground. I tried bending it back with ratchet straps without success. I resorted to drilling and tapping a hole about half inch forward on the stand arm and moved the bolt that the linkage catches to hold the stand in place. That allowed the linkage to catch and lift the stand into its locked position. This may not be the right way to do it, but it is working out fine. The amount you move the hole will vary depending on how much the stand is bent.

icspots

Equipment
BX2380 LA344 Loader MMM
May 10, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
I had a similar issue with my 2380. One side of the stand got tweaked during an on/off cycle and twisted one side. After I got it straightened (just had a little twist) I tried adjusting the bolts by the hinge point, but when it was tweaked the tip of the adjustment bolt wore down the edge of the stand where it makes contact with the bolt, so now it wouldn’t actually push the stand up far enough to let the hooks grab it. Take a look where your adjustment bolts are hitting and see it they’re actually pushing the stand like they’re supposed to.

I ended up putting nuts on the end of the adjustment bolts with lock-tite to widen the contact point, then adjusted the bolts until the hooks could grab the stand when it was lifted.
IMG_7560.jpeg