BX2380 4 point front hitch + ride over deck

joewoodhall

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 4, 2020
Dover
My father-in-law just purchased this tractor and we are struggling with the 4 point hitch. The tractor has the deck linkage attached underneath the tractor and not installed on top of the deck. When we raise the linkage up, the 4 point hitch does not seat properly.

Am I to understand that the linkage needs removed from the bottom of the tractor before the 4 point hitch can be used?

Cglaza

Equipment
L2500DT, BX2380, G6200H
Aug 30, 2015
Freeland, mi
I believe that your mower deck must be removed before the four point goes on. If you are running a snowblower, it is necessary to remove it because the driveshaft needs to occupy that space.

Chris

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

joewoodhall

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 4, 2020
Dover
Chris,

Thank you for the response. He does not have the snow blower option though, only the plow which does not require the drive shaft.

The more I read and view posts the more I believe that the linkage must be removed from under the tractor for the hitch to seat properly, because the linkage sits right below the hitch.

I attached a picture of the linkage (I am sure there is a better term for it, but I think you would get the idea)

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
OK silly idea....
Can you download the installation manuals for the 4PThitch and deck from Kubota ?? Seems to me that information should be in the manuals.
I'm curious HOW the ride on deck gets power from the tractor. I can see that being 'complicated'....aka PITB.

joewoodhall

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 4, 2020
Dover
Just started reading the manual online word for word and came across this statement for the 4 point quick hitch, "IMPORTANT - THE FRONT LOADER AND SUBFRAME SHOULD NEVER BE INSTALLED SIMULTANEOUSLY ON THE TRACTOR"

I guess that is my answer. Now I need to either figure out how to install the subframe on top of the deck permanently or remove the subframe on the tractor so that we can use the plow.

It's never easy.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
re:....It's never easy.

sure it is, buy another tractor !!!!;)

I have 3 riders here, 1 cuts house lawn( has bag..) , 1 for field cutting and one with snowblower.

I watched the 'EDITTED' video and man that rideoverdeck is a PITB !!

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
The MMM linkage must come off for the 4 point front hitch to be placed on the tractor. They can't occupy the same space.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

joewoodhall

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 4, 2020
Dover
re:....It's never easy.

sure it is, buy another tractor !!!!;)

I have 3 riders here, 1 cuts house lawn( has bag..) , 1 for field cutting and one with snowblower.

I watched the 'EDITTED' video and man that rideoverdeck is a PITB !!

I know! Not looking forward to changing this out. Will need to leave it on/off for the season.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
@jmf78.... what 'block heater' do you have under the hood of your BX23S ? Curious as mine's outside, sniff,sniff....

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I know! Not looking forward to changing this out. Will need to leave it on/off for the season.
It's not bad once you get the hang of it. Two things to consider.
- keep a block or jack or something under the linkage to keep it from crashing to the floor/ground. It's not super heavy but, being you'll likely be laying on the ground, it will help.
- the front pins are held in by rue ring cotters. They can be a pain. I haven't found a better solution. Just twist and pull. It's a little easier if you seperate the two sections. Don't forget to remove the PTO shaft that connects to the tractor.
@jmf78.... what 'block heater' do you have under the hood of your BX23S ? Curious as mine's outside, sniff,sniff....
I had the dealer include it in the sale. It's a press in block heater. Assuming a Kubota part but, not sure. Sorry

Reactions: 1 user

joewoodhall

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 4, 2020
Dover
jmf78,

Thanks for the info and yes, i have already experienced what PITB the rue ring cotters are. No way my father in law can remove, especially where they are located. Who does that?!?

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
jmf78,

Thanks for the info and yes, i have already experienced what PITB the rue ring cotters are. No way my father in law can remove, especially where they are located. Who does that?!?
I understand why they use them. But to have the access to them blind just sucks.